RN -Med Surg/Telemetry Resource Pool- PT .6 (Night).*2 Years RN Experi
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 48
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER GENERAL SUMMARY:
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled. Provides nursing care across all units within trained specialty.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (ie Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (ie, IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (ie, cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- BSN preferred.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified within nine (9) months of hire, if required by your department.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center