Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by CSL Behring
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Responsibilities Designs, develops and implements the manufacturing processes, instruments and equipment. Analyzes and develops solutions to engineering problems related to manufacturing equipment and systems or the causes of component failures. Develops and applies engineering standards and procedures, and provides advice on issues within the engineering field. Qualifications
Job Description SummaryThe individual in this role will be required to work closely with other engineers, as well as cross-functionally with individuals in manufacturing, validation, maintenance, critical utilities, and with external contractors/consultants to scope, commission, perform process hazard analysis and assist in startups for capital projects. Assists in updating SOP's, P&IDs and PFD Drawings. Provide project technical support in the development of engineering documentation including system specifications, commissioning document, and change controls. This level has gained and is demonstrating technical knowledge in Controls, Process, Validation or Capital Projects.
Role that this position reports to: Superintendent Process Engineering
Role/s that report to this position: N/AJob Description
1. Develop and manage execution of small to medium-scale projects including timelines and financial allocations with minimal supervision. Able to identify and resolve design or schedule conflicts during project/task execution.
2. Design equipment and processes to meet end-user/owner, site, global and cGMP requirements. This includes the creation of scoping and vendor proposals for bidding purposes.
3. Lead multi-discipline and multi-department project Teams.
4. Able to communicate project resource needs. Allocates assigned engineering resources to achieve project timelines and budget expectations.
5. Ability to execute multiple projects concurrently.
6. Provide capital oversight to projects lead by others outside of the Engineering group.
7. Adhere to cGMP requirements, CSL procedures and design specifications/standards during project execution.
8. Research and develop technical engineering and design standards/specifications.
9. Provide reporting to department, site and corporate organizations as required.
10. Able to develop, execute and close-out project documentation such as change controls, factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing and commissioning protocols, installation and operation qualifications and system specifications.
11. Support on-going manufacturing needs when required.
12. Supports the facility in internal and external inspections.
13. Other tasks as required by Department Management.
Education:BS Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. In lieu of an Engineering degree, technical experience in a pharmaceutical or regulated industry may be considered.
Experience: 4+ years of technical experience with 3 to 5 years in pharma preferred with an Engineering degree in any of the above disciplines. In lieu, proven ability to perform in this role will be considered (such as on-site contract/consultant experience).
Action Oriented, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly, Technical Learning, Time Management, Prioritizing, Oral and Written CommunicationsCapabilities
Worker Sub Type:Regular