Senior Cloud Product Manager
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Allstate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Cloud Product Manager is responsible for defining, delivering, and managing the lifecycle of products in Allstate's growing cloud product portfolio. The Cloud Product Manager manages strategic product vision, product discovery, roadmaps, financials, and backlog to maximize the customer and enterprise value provided by their product. The Cloud Product Manager is responsible for working closely with key stakeholders, partners, and customers to ensure the successful definition and execution of go-to market and communications strategies for their products. Cloud Product Managers are also responsible for actively participating in our learning culture; including coaching and mentoring staff, stakeholders, and peers. The role focuses on delivering business value to drive cloud adoption, improve efficiency, and improve customer satisfaction through the production of quality cloud products and services.Responsibilities
Generic Product Manager:
- Interprets business goals and communicate it to engineering and operations teams and help identify opportunities for the cloud product portfolio to achieve results.
- Analyze and understand the overarching cloud technology and business landscapes and develop strategies to deliver efficient, comprehensive solutions to satisfy those needs in an objective manner.
- Create, drive and execute product strategy for one or more products in our growing cloud product portfolio.
- Listen to and incorporate the voice of the customer ; invest significant time with current and potential customers to understand their needs & habits.
- Decompose complex problems into smaller manageable tasks.
- Develop and execute both an internal and external communications strategy for marketing your products.
- Coach and mentor members of the team as well as members of the cross-functional development organization on how to collaborate and conduct idea generation, consumer research, test design and execution, measurement, product implementation, customer interactions and roll out.
- Manage the partnership and communication to senior leaders across the different business areas.
- Provide education to leaders across the company on managing applications in cloud environments and how to effectively use cloud resources and services.
- Provide consultation services to the user base helping define and frame the right use cases for cloud, establish the right business case (total cost of ownership) to justify migration, build the right organization and skills for successful operations, and develop a successful plan to leverage different cloud services that is consistent with Allstate's cloud strategy, security frameworks, and reference architectures.
- Grow, manage and maintain the internal customer backlog for prospective users of cloud services.
- Act as the central point of coordination for the different activities supporting the cloud engineering efforts
- 5-10 years relevant new product or technology development experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with infrastructure services and application integrations
- AWS Cloud Practitioiner complettion - certification preferred/not neccessary
- Entrepreneurial with a strong inclination towards action, preferably with experience shipping software.
- Experience operating in an environment driven by KPIs where you have the accountability to determine the best course of action to meet your goals
- Ability to communicate complex and innovative concepts to a new product development team
- Clear passion for topics of technology products and an ability to identify possibilities to innovate in our product space
- Ability to be self-directed and to proactively anticipate problems and seek opportunities
- Understanding of and experience working in a development environment
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, marketing or related business degree, MBA/MIS/MS desired
Job Specific Skills:
- Strong understanding and experience of cloud services across multiple providers
- Solid understanding of the different functional, security, operational, financial and organizational factors that play into running a large-scale infrastructure, especially in public cloud
- Solid understanding on the concepts of infrastructure-as-code and immutable infrastructure
Actual experience working in any project that successfully leverages continuous integration and continious deliveryThe candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.