Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Allstate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Data Science & Analytics Engineering team builds software products specifically tailored to Allstate's mission. We are creating scalable platforms for the deployment of cutting-edge predictive analytics, machine learning, and randomized experiments across the entire enterprise. As such the team gets to support and collaborate with Data Scientists and the broader company. We succeed by maintaining a relentless focus on our customers using Lean Startup and Agile principles.
We are looking for a Mid to Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence products. We will determine level based on experience. As a ML Engineer in Data Science & Analytics Engineering team, you will be responsible for successfully developing a product in our machine learning deployment suite. You'll help design and implement a Python/Java based framework that allows data science models to be scored in a production environment. Your impact doesn't just stop at this product; you will influence how we do data science at Allstate.
If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we'd like to meet you.
In this role, you will be responsbile to:
- Study and transform data science prototypes
- Design machine learning systems
- Lead projects, including the planning and prioritization of tasks
- Full ownership of production code, highly preferably REST APIs/microservices
- Research and implement appropriate ML algorithms and tools
- Deploy machine learning applications into production according to requirements
- Run machine learning tests and experiments
- Extend existing ML libraries and frameworks
- Desire to work directly with customers
- Ability to context switch and manage multiple projects
- Mentor team members and provide guidance on execution
- Keep abreast of developments in the field
As mentioned above, we will consider mid to senior level candidates for this role based on experience.
- 3+ years proven experience as a Machine Learning Engineer or similar role
- Understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn)
- Familiar with various Python packages, eg Flask, Requests, Pandas, NumPy
- Working knowledge of REST APIs/Microservices
- Intermediate/advanced Docker
- Familiarity with Java application development is a plus
- Strong DevOps and CI/CD skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent interpersonal communicator and collaborator
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master's degree is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.