Security Operations Center Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Allstate
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.Job Description
The Global Fusion Center (GFC) - Systems Engineering - Lifecycle & Automation team handles all of the Security Operation Center's systems and Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) that the Security Operations Center analysts and processes use.Key Responsibilities
- Systems care and feeding: operating system engineering, admin, etc. for many operating systems; those are primarily various flavors of linux and Windows.
- Application care and feeding: admin, patching, vendor support interactions, etc.
- Assisting investigations with specific technical expertise.
- Network fundamentals mastery: OSI/DoD network models, ethernet, IPv4/IPv6, typical layer 3 and 4 protocols associated with IP (ICMP, TCP, UDP, etc.), application layer protocol knowledge (SSH, HTTP, FTP, SMTP, etc.), stateful inspection firewalls, and more...
- Security fundamentals: threats, vulnerabilities, attack techniques, kill chain, incident handling and response work flow, etc.
- Programming/software development: light procedural and OO programming, scripting, RESTful API, SOAP API. Most of our work is with Python, so Python programming is necessary.
- Outstanding customer service attitude and skill.
- A passion for constant self-improvement and learning
- Project Management or Vulnerability Management background (Qualys, Nessus, or Rapid7)
- Previous SOC experience and security related certifications (GCIH, OSCP, CEH, CPT, etc.).
- Certified in networking skills (Network+, Cisco, Checkpoint, etc.).
- Certified in an Operating Systems (MCSE, etc.).
- Previous experience in Python development, but those experienced in other languages that can quickly learn Python will also be considered.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment