Motive Power Systems Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by CSL Behring
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 20,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL's therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!Responsibilities Responsible for troubleshooting, design, installation, and implementation of projects for the Motive Power systems. This includes steam, electrical, potable water, compressed air generation, fire water and glycol, ammonia, tower water and sewer systems.
Generates detailed turnover packages, standard operating procedures, and system maintenance requirements. Qualifications
1. Works closely with the Utility Systems Lead, plant utilities personnel and engineering consultants to properly size utility systems and equipment to support assigned projects
2. Responsible for the development of system specifications and user requirements to support proper design, procurement and installation of systems. Assures that new system designs are in accordance with relevant industry and site standards.
3. Creation of bid packages for Motive Power system equipment, including but not limited to answering requests for information, prepare of requisitions and supports Purchasing through the procurement process.
4. Initiates and oversees the integration of new systems into existing site infrastructure to minimize downtime and assure efficient overall system operations. Generates formal risk assessments, as necessary, to support key project decisions.
5. Responsible for monitoring construction to assure that installation is as designed and that all tagging and instrumentation identification is in accordance with industry and CSL standards.
6. Coordinates assigned project tasks with several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
7. Foster a culture of continuous improvement through employee selection, training and mentoring while focusing on operational efficiency and the elimination of "non-value added" activities.
8. Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the CSL Values: Customer Focus, Innovation, Integrity, Collaboration, and Superior Performance.
9. Complies with requirements from CSL Behring's Safety Program, including Health and Safety mandates and OSHA requirements.
10. Completes any other duties/responsibilities assigned by senior management.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering. In lieu of an Engineering Degree experience in the industrial utilities with extensive project management
experience may be considered.
Minimum five years' experience working with utility systems. Must have a strong understanding of facility utility systems. A minimum of five years executing projects from conception through qualification in technical areasfor industrial operations - (preferably in the pharmaceutical, food or chemical industry)
Demonstrates a high level of verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrates a high degree of organizational skills. Ability to supervise people is a plus.
CSL is introducing a new Career Framework, which will provide a common, global infrastructure for managing jobs and serve as a foundation for future career development and competitive rewards. Certain components of this job description, including Title and Level are subject to change relative to applicable local laws. Your Talent Acquisition Consultant will discuss the pending changes with you.Capabilities
Worker Sub Type:Regular