Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Job Juncture
Engineering Manager Summary:
The Engineering Manager will manage and oversee all current program activities for the plant as well as any upcoming launches.
Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages, motivates, and leads team of Engineers ensuring appropriate direction, training, and evaluation.
- Engineering Manager is responsible for building the Engineering budget and ensuring it's met.
- Managing all cost and manpower on projects.
- Responsible for new product launches.
- Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts are manufactured.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of the Engineering processes, structure, performance, etc.
- Specifies project management.
- Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
- Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on specific projects.
- Leads the engineering team in continuous improvement initiatives resulting in cost-reductions and customer give backs.
- Responsible for understanding design and engineering requirements on development programs, and ensuring that engineering disciplines are followed.
- Define and manage fixed and capital budgets.
- Strong shop floor experience in mfg/mechanical/process engineering - shop floor level.
- Manage performance of direct reports.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Precision stamping or molding experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Effectively and professionally communicate.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing methodologies and proven track record of implementation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate a team environment, help drive results, and delegate authority to subordinate personnel.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees).
- Results oriented approach.
- Effective leadership, management and development of direct reports.