Jr. UUV Operator/Ocean Engineering Robotics Technician - Rotating Depl
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Peraton
We are seeking several Jr. UUV Operator/Ocean Engineering Robotics Technicians to support our Navy customer small UUV (Unmanned Underwater Vehicle) operations in San Diego, CA.
You will have the opportunity to travel to Bahrain for required 6-month rotations in support of US Navy mine countermeasures (MCM) missions. In this position, you will integrate into a small team charged with operations and maintenance of small UUVs (MK 18 UUV Family of Systems) - unmanned underwater robotics systems - in the support of US Navy MCM missions supporting both SPAWAR San Diego and the U.S. Fifth Fleet Area of Responsibility.
What you'll do...
Your assigned mission tasking will support data collection and analysis for mine countermeasures objectives in various harbor areas, littorals and shipping lanes. Data analysis on R&D work on new UUV sensors. UUV operations will be conducted from small boats deployed from shore, embarked on various Navy Units Afloat and from Forward Operating Bases.
Your operational tasking will include:
- Support of SPAWAR San Diego and US Navy Forces for OCONUS Mine Countermeasure (MCM) Response for MCM operations tasking, including ongoing UUV experimentation of emerging technologies related to UUV mission. CONUS training and UUV experimentation will occur in San Diego, CA, and/or locations to be determined.
- A mandatory 6-month deployment to 5th Fleet AOR (Bahrain, Persian Gulf).
You would be a great fit if you have...
- A BS degree in Science or Engineering and 1 - 2 years of experience; a High School diploma and 6+ years of directly related Navy/military training and experience may be considered
- BS degree in Ocean Engineering, Marine Engineering, or related Engineering degree with emphasis on Robotics and underwater Marine Engineering technology
- Experience conducting test and evaluation of Unmanned/Robotics systems, including gathering, recording, analyzing and reporting performance data
- Experience with MS Office products, to include Word, Excel and Power Point
- Willingness to work a minimum of 6 months in Bahrain; (rotating deployments with travel and lodging provided by company)
- Ability to to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance; in order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship
You meet these physical requirements:
- Physical within the last 12 months due to possible remote locations of operations
- Requirement to handle man-portable UUVs, must meet the MILSTD for weight carry; for men and women: Lift an object from the floor and place it on a surface not greater than 91 cm (3 ft) above the floor.
It would be even better if you have
- Experience developing and writing documents on programmatic subjects, such as UUV tactics and doctrine, operations, deployment guides, standard operating procedures
- Small marine craft qualifications and experience
- Side scan sonar and ROV operator experience
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electronic troubleshooting; technical background in mechanical or electrical field
- A n active Secret clearance.
This position requires your ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you'll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.