Kitchen Supervisor, Petco Park
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Petco Park, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, and retail for our partner, the MLB's San Diego Padres. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.The Opportunity
Assists management with the efficient operation of the restaurant/club, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Supervises the activities of all associates assigned to floor; ensures that breaks occur in a timely manner.
- Trains new and existing associates, under the direction of management.
- Handles disciplinary matters and ensures quality employee performance.
- Verifies proper set-up, service, and cleaning of assigned area throughout shift/event.
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with employees, guests, client and the operation, with the assistance of management.
- Performs opening and closing procedures.
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Ensures all workstations, storerooms, bar, host stand, decks and dinning areas remain clean, sanitized, safe and sufficiently stocked.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the restaurant; follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures; performs inventory counts as requested.
- Assists with catered events as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree in Food & Beverage or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years work experience in restaurant or foodservice position, in a high volume environment, required.
- One year supervisory experience in restaurant or service environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training.
- Knowledgeable in the operation of a high volume sit-down restaurant with high service standards.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Team-oriented; ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move items, weighing up to 35 lbs.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Majority of time spent alternating between indoor, climate-controlled environment of restaurant and temperature fluctuations of warehouse and kitchen.
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.