Kitchen Supervisor, Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Oriole Park at Camden Yards, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering, retail and restaurant services for our partner, the MLB's Baltimore Orioles. We are working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be
Do you want to be close to the action in a sporting venue? Would you like to work in a fast paced, fun environment? You are part of the excitement as a part of the culinary team at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Be part of the team behind the team!The Opportunity
Under the direction of the Sous Chef candidates will be required to assist in all culinary locations at any given time. Supervisors must assists with the operation of any outlet, supervises associates, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Exhibit working knowledge of food cost, best practices, line checks, and purchasing
- Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of associates and assists with kitchen personnel performance
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management
- Supervise and coordinates under the direction of the Sous Chef, personnel activities of the Kitchen or location on a per shift basis, including training and enforcing work procedures and culinary standards and service standards
- Ensure food items are prepared according to DNC standards of quality, consistency and time lines
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all
- Purchase various products as par levels dictate.
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating and stocking as par levels dictate
- Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operation
- Properly measures and portions all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps Workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Performs other duties assigned
- Meet all health department standards for safe food handling.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
- Assists associates in serving guests as business levels demand
- Assists management in performing inventory counts
Education & Experience:
- High school education; Associates degree desired
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a lead line or supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in back-of-the-house high volume foodservice position
- Culinary education preferred
- ServeSafe certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; with excellent guest service skills ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Strong math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe conversion, measurements and proportions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event, computer skills are a must
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently and may be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on season
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
Environmental Working Conditions:
May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme heat and cold, depending on season.
This is a part-time, seasonal position. Looking for candidates at least 18 years of age, willing and able to work most home games (for schedule, go to: ); report time may vary.
You'll earn money at a job you'll love while working alongside great teammates. That's not all, we offer great benefits such as:
-Reduced parking & secure shuttle to the ballpark
-Employee discount at the Retail Team Store
-Rewards & recognition for exceptional guest service
-Security escort at the end of your shift
-Uniform shirts are provided
-Supportive and caring management team
-Unlimited growth potential with a global hospitality company
-Working Advantage employee discount program for entertainment, shopping, gifts & etc!Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.