Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
KITCHEN SUPERVISOR - Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Coordinate and control total function of the production kitchen pertaining to food production and quality assurance
- Fully responsible for food, labor, sanitation
- Training and development of culinary staff
- Maintains and exceeds Food Safety and Sanitation standards
- Monitor and maintain operating standards (ie, sanitation, brand standards, etc.)
- Supports on-going culinary talent development
- Management: Oversee employees & kitchen, including supervising activities of cooks; train/instruct employees on policies, procedures, duties and activities. Schedule personnel; ensure adequate employee coverage while managing food & labor costs.
- Operations: Receive merchandise, verify inventory; ensure correct stock has been delivered issue merchandise to stands.
- Determine quantities of food and related products required to adequately stock commissary; purchase on behalf of the company, following established corporate specifications.
- Prepare various operational reports; keep records pertaining to purchases, sales and requisitions; maintain a clean & orderly kitchen to comply with State & Local Health Department regulations; Comply with sanitation laws & ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed.
- Ensure frequent onsite inspections and audits of production area and units on a regular basis (eg, temperature controls checks, line checks, monitors associate food handling practices and personal hygiene); Maintain Health and Sanitation
- Collaborate with others (GM/DM/Brands)
- 5 years of experience in food & beverage including experience with inventory distribution and control, purchasing and sanitation procedures.
- ServSafe Certification required,
- Knowledge and experience monitoring food .Experience with ordering and inventory procedures.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to coach, develop and train others
- Culinary experience
- Lead & develop High Performing Teams