Kitchen Helper - 2020 Spring/Summer Season
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Located steps away from the sandy coastline of the Pacific Ocean is Kalaloch Lodge. This is where the dramatic coastline meets the luscious temperate rainforest of Olympic National Park. Our tranquil and scenic lodge overlooks where Kalaloch Creek meets the Pacific Ocean. If the abundant wildlife, gorgeous panoramic views, and the Sun setting over the pacific is not enough to entice you our dedicated team members of Kalaloch Lodge will undoubtedly win you over. Kalaloch Lodge is an embodiment of Delaware Norths commitment to being a global leader in hospitality.
Here at Kalaloch Lodge we have a total of 65 guest rooms ranging from lodge rooms to cabins nestled on the bluff with front row seats to the Sun sinking past the pacific waters. Kalaloch also is home to the Creekside Dining Restaurant that features Northwest inspired dishes using fresh, local and sustainable ingredients created by our talented culinary team. Our onsite Mercantile completes the package and is essential to creating special experiences for our guests.
To learn more about Kalaloch Lodge, visitThe Opportunity
The Kitchen Helper washes pots, dishes, utensils, food preparation equipment, cleans kitchen, and may provide some food prep assistance.
MARCH AND MAY START DATES AVAILABLE.Position Details
- Exemplifies the 10 Universal Service Standards and provides excellent guest service as detailed in the GuestPath Service Standards.
- Aware of and promotes GreenPath and all associated initiatives.
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans using dishwashers or by hand.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Assist in cleaning and preparing various foods for cooking or serving as needed.
- Clean trashcans, floors and other kitchen areas as needed.
- Adheres to all DNC and Kalaloch Lodge policies and procedures.
- Utilizes protective equipment (when necessary).
- Reports all substandard (unsafe) conditions, accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor.
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- No Requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess a WA State Food Worker Card ( ) within 14 days of date of hire.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to understand and follow direction and requests for assistance
- Ability to work cooperatively in a kitchen environment
- Lift 75 lbs (frequently)
- Work in temperatures of 80 F - 100 F frequently
- Move fingers, hands, arms easily to produce food quickly
- Frequent twisting, bending and reaching
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high.
- Frequent exposure to a hot and damp environment
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to: cuts from sharp objects, scalds, burns, slips and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.More Information
Employees will receive free entry into Olympic National Park, a free crew meal on work days and discounts at our Creekside Dining Room and Mercantile store.
On-site employee shared housing is available but is limited. Full kitchens are available in each unit. Private bathrooms in each unit, with standing shower. Laundry on-site. Limited Internet access is available and satelitte TV is available in our employee recreation area. Some restrictions apply. Contact our Human Resources Department for more information at ext. 1013 or email (see below) .Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .