Concessions Supervisor - Bridgestone Arena (Starting at $16/hour!)
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest - from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So whether it's a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.The Opportunity
Job Title: Level Supervisor
Job Code(s): 3360
Job Family: Food & Beverage
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to : Concessions Manager
Pay Range: $15.00 Per Hour
Shift/Hours Required: All events at Bridgestone Arena
Age Requirement (if applic): 21
Oversees operation of assigned concessions outlets, supervises concessions associates and non-profit volunteers (if applicable), in accordance with the Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of concession associates on a per shift basis, including scheduling, training, counseling and enforcing work procedures and service standards
- Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of stand attendants, stand leaders, and assists with stand personnel performance.
- Inspects all stands and portables in the assigned area.
- Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
- Ensures all stands, portable carts and surrounding areas remain clean, sanitized, and safe
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management.
- Cashes out associates following cash handling procedures; investigates over and shorts with stand leaders and volunteer groups.
Estimates, requests, and inspects supplies and inventory.
- Ensures accuracy of all deliveries
- Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures
- Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists concession associates in serving guests as business levels demand
- Assists management in performing inventory counts
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of one year experience in foodservice position required; previous experience as a stand attendant or stand manager preferred.
- Previous cash handling/cashier experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
- Ability to complete required pre-employment sanitation and alcohol service training
- Knowledgeable in the operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately account for cash and inventory.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Highly motivated, ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work effectively with others
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in extreme cold temperatures
- Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift
- Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions
- Ability to perform normal lifting of stock up to 50 pounds
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season
. All positions require you to successfully complete an annual pre-employment background check.
.Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity EmployerWho We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.