Concessions Chef at Guaranteed Rate Field
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Guaranteed Rate Field, we provide food and beverage concessions, and retail services for our Major League Baseball partner, the Chicago White Sox. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.
The ideal candidate will act as a team leader and motivator for kitchen staff, thus strong interpersonal skills and being a clear communicator are essential.Responsibilities
- The successful associate will be responsible for daily supervision and production of all culinary operations including game and non-game day events. The Concessions Chef supervises and works to develop the culinary staff at the property
- Responsible for the overall management of the concession's kitchen and concession stands, including supervising activities of supervisors, cooks and preps. Coordination and participation in concessions and catering operations is the main focus while also monitoring food and labor costs.
- Hire, train, manage and retain a highly functional, teamwork-orientated back of house team
- Maintains knowledge of local competition and general industry trends
- Ensures culinary staff adheres to all Delaware North policies and procedures, Food Safety standards, GuestPath standards and all other policies and procedures
- Training and developing of culinary staff and concession stand preps
- Works with warehouse manager for the procurement of all food products while following company specifications
- Oversees weekly and monthly inventories of kitchen spaces
- Ability to control food waste and identify opportunities for improvement of food/labor costs
- Ensures that all progressive disciplinary procedures are followed as outlined by Delaware North and that all employees under him/her are given fair and equitable treatment
- Three years Culinary Arts experience, including previous experience in a management role such as a Senior Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, Executive Chef or Executive Kitchen Manager. More specifically, experience in a high-volume operation with experience supervising personnel
- Experience and familiarity with a smoker preferred
- Familiar with monitoring of food and labor cost, menu development, menu costing, ordering and inventory procedures
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Ability to coach, develop and train others
- Ability to craft new recipes as well as write and follow bulk recipes for production and service
- Serve Safe Certification required
- Professional, enthusiastic, responsible, and a dependable team player who is self-motivated, takes initiative and willing to acquire new skills
- A commitment to excellence in guest service is essential
- Strong organizational, communication, multitasking and PC skills
Resume required with application for consideration.
#LI-AB1Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$105k - $135k Annual
$140k - $170k Annual
$80k - $120k Annual
$150k - $165k Annual