Manager Digital AppOps
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Fiserv
What does a great Manager of Digital AppOps do?
As Card Services Manager of Digital AppOps you must demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with focus on distributed digital systems. You will also need to exercise strong communication, organizational and customer service skills. Attention to detail is also a requirement for this critical Card Services AppOps role. The ability to not only work in teams, but to chair result driven teams during application outage situations. The ability to think tactically as well as strategically and to articulate your expectations to a mixed team of engineers, senior level developers and vendor support engineers is critical to the success at this Manager level. In addition to these important skills, it is imperative that Manager, Digital can summarize technical issues relating to software implementation, function and upgrades and to prepare written and verbal updates to senior level management. The candidate will also drive cloud adoption (Azure, AWS, Hybrid) across AppOps and will be instrumental in building governance model in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Be part of the Card Services AppOps Team Journey as we plan the future and implement state-of-the-art monitoring technologies, DEVOPS and ITIL frameworks, Cloud-based technologies, relational database and NOSQL Database infrastructures.
- Provide technology leadership in a tightly integrated fintech eco-systems, which incorporates integrations from Mainframe to unix and windows web/application servers, and Database Servers.
- Active participation in agile (Scrum) deployment team activities
- Partnering with business and technical SMEs to understand relevant data, analyze and perform necessary deep dive to solve given business problem, summarize and present key findings
- Review and approve release deployment instructions
- Research and recommend application monitoring opportunities and enhancements
- Contribute to the division's software process improvement practices by active participation in application design and enhancement review sessions driven by application development
- Building global Hybrid-cloud based support delivery teams.
Learning and mastering the debit card processing business domain and our systems
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in a Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- 8+ years' experience with distributed technologies and systems.
- 5+ years' experience with Collaboration platforms such as JIRA,
- 3+ years of Technology leadership
- Proven experience with leveraging key technologies/tools such as Splunk, AppDynamics, Moogsoft to enhance service delivery capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience with Confluence, Wiki and/or Version one
- Demonstrated experience in leading/directing global support teams
- Passion for researching and driving application related issues to resolution
- Experience with open source software and frameworks
- Enthusiastic about learning and mastering new topics - business, technical, etc - and teaching others
- Comfortable developing infrastructure support documents.
- Expert level with Microsoft VISIO, PowerPoint and Word.
- Solid grasp of Infrastructure eco-system (Virtualization, Storage, Security and Network)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- Exposure to automated testing and willingness to master and implement
- Ability to learn and maintain Legacy applications
- Familiarity with Big Data reporting technologies
- Prior experience in Financial Services industries.
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Learn more about us.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about financial services But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.