Kitchen Supervisor - Globe Life Field
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. At Globe Life Field, the brand new home of MLB's Texas Rangers, we provide food and beverage concessions, luxury suites catering in addition to our exclusive clubs and retail for our partner. We're working behind the scenes and on the front lines - making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be.The Opportunity
Under the direction of the Chef, assists in the training and development of kitchen workers as related to meeting quality, production, and cost control standards. Ensures satisfactory employee performance in accordance with Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Daily check during employee check in and/or during shops to monitor employee compliance with Sportservice uniform standards.
- Complete event check list form including but not limited to coaching employees on Guest Path goals, checking food temperatures and checking cleanliness of stand.
- Trains personnel in all aspects of the operation .
- Ensures quality of products through testing of warmed products, including use of thermometers and random taste testing, within reason, of items such as pizza, pretzels, and popcorn,etc.
- Ensures proper sanitation and Department of Health guidelines are followed.
- Observes, evaluates and documents job performances of all employees. Recommends personnel actions such as promotions, transfers disciplinary action and discharges.
- Enforces company policies. Upon informing upper management, issues and logs verbal reprimands regarding infractions of said policies. All future reprimands involving the same problem and the same employee are handled by upper management.
- May assist department manager with interviewing personnel. May assist the Sportservice Management staff with general and department specific orientations and training sessions.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Assist in supervisor close down procedures as needed.
- Assist in any needed administrative work as needed .
- Assists culinary associates in serving guests as business levels demand.
- Assists management in performing inventory counts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards.
- Knowledgeable in the operating food service equipment, basic food preparatory techniques, sanitation and safety issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event.
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead.
- Proficient with Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Frequent walking, throughout entire facility, for entire length of shift.
- Constant standing, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate dangerous kitchen equipment.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- May be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hold and cold, depending on season.
- May be required to work in confined and/or narrow spaces.
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.