Jake's 58 Utility Worker FT
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Excitement awaits our guests at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino! Located off exit 58 of the Long Island Expressway, just 10 minutes from Long Island MacArthur Airport, Jake's 58 welcomes our guests with service that's unforgettable. Whether dining in our bistro or having a drink at the bar, taking in a getaway in one of our 278 rooms, or experiencing the excitement of our gaming floor, Jake's 58 is conveniently located to serve almost 3 million people on Long Island.Position Details
Responsibilities and duties
- Washes dishes, glassware, pots, pans, flatware and kitchen items, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Places clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas
- Cleans work area including equipment, floors, walls and cooking area
- Ensures that all levels for sanitizer on dish machine and pot sinks are at specific requirement for health standards
- Keeps all kitchen wares storage areas clean and orderly
- Removes trash from dish room and transports to dumpster. Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans
- Cleans and mops kitchen at end of night and as required
- Does general cleaning-and maintenance on kitchen equipment
- Assists cooks with prep work as needed
- Stocks supplies such as food, dishes, and utensils in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, and salad bars.
- Assists with accepting delivery items and storage of such items.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Assists in cleaning and preparing various foods for cooking or serving as needed.
- Must role model company guest service program
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalency degree preferred
- Must be able to obtain a New York State Gaming License.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 60 pounds and place items on high and low shelves in storerooms and freezers
- Weekends, Holidays and swing shifts may be required
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.