IT Intern - Bridgestone Arena
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Since 1996, Delaware North Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors every season, to the legions of guests that experience the concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known for.
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest - from Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn, to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So whether it's a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.The Opportunity
Job Title: IT Intern
Job Code(s): 1945
Job Family: Concessions/Premium
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to: IT Manager
Pay Range: $10.00 per hour
Shift/Hours Required: All Major Events
Age Requirement (if applic): 18 years of Age
Seeking a self-directed IT intern with a passion for technology, collaboration, and creative problem-solving to assist the IT Manager on the day-to-day operation at Bridgestone Arena. The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with senior leadership.
IT Intern Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the IT department in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting Point of Sale issues and provide technical support during events
- Organize and maintain IT resources
- Computer Science, Information Technology, or Management Information Systems major
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Gain hands-on experience in an IT position
- Shadowing and training experiences with knowledgeable professionals
- Opportunity for growth
- Flexible schedule for students
- Compensation available
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.