Maintenance Associate - Starting May 2020
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Kalaloch Lodge is located on Washington State's beautiful Olympic Peninsula, in Olympic National Park. Our beautiful Lodge is situated on a coastal bluff overlooking Kalaloch Creek and the Pacific Ocean 40 minutes South West of Forks, WA. We are approximately 3 1/2 hours from Seattle, WA and 4 hours from Portland, OR.
There are a total of 65 guest rooms including, Kalaloch Cabins, Bluff Cabins, Sea Crest Lodge Rooms, Main Lodge Rooms, and one group campsite. Kalaloch also has a dining room, retail area, and Mercantile. More information on Kalaloch Lodge can be found on our website at .
We offer a limited number of on-site, shared employee housing units with full kitchens.The Opportunity
Maintenance Workers performs routine maintenance duties throughout property including rough carpentry, painting, basic equipment or facility repairs, and lawn care in accordance with applicable Company policies and procedures.Position Details
- Exemplifies the 10 Universal Service Standards and provides excellent guest service as detailed in the GuestPath Service Standards.
- Aware of, promotes, and supports GreenPath and all associated initiatives.
- Communicates with supervisor and/or property managers to prioritize work load.
- Documents all work performed.
- Performs simple carpentry tasks, such as installing shelves, hooks, or closet rods.
- Extensive snow removal during Winter months
- Changes light bulbs, may replace fixtures, and does similar minor electrical tasks.
- Opens clogged drains, fixes leaks, and performs other simple plumbing jobs.
- Does touch-up painting and repaints rooms as required.
- Maintains tools and maintenance equipment in working order and keeps maintenance room in neat condition.
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilizes protective equipment (when necessary)
- Reports accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security policies and procedures
- Clears parking lot, mows lawn, removes weeds and brush, and does other unskilled yard work.
- Assists with loading or unloading trucks and moving furniture when needed.
- Minimum of one-year previous experience in general maintenance/repair for commercial facility preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have general knowledge of the use of simple equipment used in building trades.
- Ability to read simple instructions and follow simple diagrams.
- Ability to perform simple tasks independently after being given specific instructions.
- Ability to adhere to GuestPath's Universal Service Standards
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use hand tools and to paint.
- Ability to stand, crouch, and climb to perform repairs, use ladders, and perform various types of manual labor.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Visual acuity sufficient for reading, performing repairs, and painting.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Exposed to outdoor weather conditions in all seasons, including variable temperatures and wet and/or humid conditions
- Occasionally exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Noise level may be moderate to high
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.More Information
Employees will receive free entry into Olympic National Park, a free crew meal on work days and discounts at our Creekside Dining Room and Mercantile store.
On-site employee shared housing is available but is limited. Full kitchens are available in each unit. Private bathrooms in each unit, with standing shower. Laundry on-site. Limited Internet access is available and satellite TV is available in our employee recreation area. Some restrictions apply. Contact our Human Resources Department for more information at ext. 1013 or email (see below) .Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.