Internal Executive Communications Manager
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by US Cellular
The Internal Executive Communications Manager designs and delivers executive-level communication programs designed to build and strengthen U.S. Cellular's company culture. This role executes on the strategy for executive messaging and internal branding identity. In addition, the role supports the organization, leaders, and associates in formal or informal change management and communication solutions.
- Design and deliver programs and delivery vehicles that demonstrate the company's progress, inspire confidence in our plan to pursue future opportunities and clarify the role of employees necessary to advance the business
- Develop internal communications plans that tell the company's story to key audiences through fresh, engaging, and educational internal content
- Develop and deliver written materials, digital content (including video and podcast production), long-term communication campaigns, etc.
- Develop and deliver event packages, remarks, communications and correspondence for executives and senior leaders.
- Develop and deliver up-to-date internal-facing digital content for the company Intranet homepage
- Ensure written materials adhere to AP style, U.S. Cellular's style and voice and grammar principles
- Monitor business and technology news to drive enhanced business acumen
- Support crisis communications activities
- Bachelor's degree required (Journalism, English or Communications is preferred).
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in corporate communications
- Demonstrated project management, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to work quickly and decisively to meet deadlines, troubleshoot and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with executive-level leadership
- Outstanding knowledge of grammar and familiarity with copy editing; Serious commitment to excellence, quality and attention to detail
- Experience with producing various types of digital and print marketing collateral while ensuring adherence to brand guidelines. Experience with digital content creation tools (eg, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with building networks across diverse teams and geographies; Thrives in a collaborative team-based environment, while also working independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Knowledge of change management theory and practice preferred
- Strong organizational needs assessment, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25% and work non-traditional work schedules as needed
- Master's Degree preferred.
Job : Human Resources
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.