Maintenance Technician/Helper A
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Related Companies
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
Location: Chicago, IL
One Bennett Park will grace Chicago's captivating skyline taking its place among the city's most luxurious residential towers. Envisioned by world-renowned architect Robert A.M. Stern, this elegant residential tower is situated in Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood at the lakefront. Steps from Michigan Avenue, the residences will have spectacular view vistas across Lake Michigan, the Chicago River and the city skyline.
To learn more about this building visit
Related Rentals is currently seeking a highly experienced Residential Maintenance Technician with a strong background in modern/luxury residential building.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building's curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community's residents. We currently have an opening for a Maintenance.
- Efficiently completes all daily work orders in a specific amount of time. Communicates any delays in completing a work order with the supervisor and management office.
- Troubleshoot and repair maintenance issues involving electrical, plumbing, A/C, HVAC, appliances, and carpentry.
- Work with office team to ensure all make-ready repairs and services are completed and on schedule
- Maintain accurate records for preventative maintenance, building mechanicals, service requests and apartment make-ready status.
- Respond to after hour on-call emergencies.
- Stay current on all applicable building codes and safety standards.
- Maintain trash rooms and dumpster areas.
- Assist in the proper clearing of snow during a snow event.
- Coordinate proper work shop inventory with maintenance supervisor
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, appliance and snow removal.
- Customer service first attitude.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation for on-call emergencies.
- Previous apartment experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company's existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$80k - $120k Annual
$80k - $120k Annual
$100k - $125k Annual