Managing Vice President Application Delivery
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by PSCU
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join us at PSCU!
This position will direct all technical departments associated with the delivery of software to the market, including application and Middleware developers, application testers, technical architects, database administrators, technical delivery managers, and ETL functions. You will be responsible for the overall development and high quality delivery of our product roadmap, modernization efforts, Tier 3 production support, and the continued advancement of our software development methodology and lifecycle.
The MVP Application Delivery will actively advance application development capabilities within the department, and will influence the overall software architecture direction, including technology selection, solution design, and partner strategies. Ensure all software is tested, oversee all software projects in coordination with the Project Management Office (PMO), and will set and maintain department budget, partnering with all business units on software development projects to meet stated business objectives and development of programming staff to maximize their potential.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Lead delivery of seamless and frictionless public facing user experiences across multiple digital touch points; Drive performance and delivery of software development across multiple teams
- Direct management of development teams to include recruiting, project assignments, scheduling, training, performance reviews, and mentoring as well as participating in budget activities
- Provide consistent delivery of reliable and stable code consistent with the business requirements
- Ensure best practice software engineering and code branching approaches to support parallel development across multiple teams
- Manage client/business partner relationships to ensure that application delivery expectations are developed, managed, and exceeded
- Take ownership of relationships, and when objectives are not feasible, lead discussions to identify the best solution
- Partner with Project Managers in the prioritization of releases and deliverables while managing deliverables to ensure on time, within budget and high quality deliverables
- Participate in the formulation of technology strategy and supporting sustained innovation in both technical solutions and methods of delivering source code management and appropriate documentation standards
- Lead the Business Analyst, Software Development, and Testing teams in defining scope and low- level business requirements for projects and maintenance requests
- Create and manage multi-million dollar operating and capital expense budgets
- Direct management of the development teams to include recruiting, project assignments, scheduling, training, performance reviews, and mentoring as well as participating in budget activities
- Direct and lead staff; guide and coach staff in completion of day-to-day responsibilities and ensure that established policies and procedures are followed
- Handle interviewing, hiring, promotions, transfers, performance appraisals, compensation, counseling and termination of staff
- Develop and maintain all subordinate personnel by applying the necessary training and leadership that will allow internal growth and advancement
- Lead adoption of agile methodologies where appropriate Position Specifications
- Twelve (12) years of experience in application development/software engineering field playing a lead role on Digital/eCommerce projects.
- Ten (10) years of demonstrated success leading software development activities, and ten (10) years leading software testing activities.
- Five (5) years of experience with agile development (SCRUM methodology) preferred.
- Experience in adoption of open source solutions preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems related disciplines required. Project Management (PMP) and Scrum certification preferred. Certifications in ITIL, Six Sigma, and Agile preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Significant hands-on experience in design, implementation, and development of public facing digital experiences
- Demonstrated experience with implementing and supporting Internet commerce systems
- Demonstrative experience with managing, leading and optimizing leveraging on-shore & off-shore staff continuously improving delivery
- Demonstrated success working with third party vendors Ability to solve complex technical problems and communicate the solution to non-technical management and peers
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in making decisions Knowledge of Object Oriented approaches and working within an MVC framework Experience with diverse coding environments, Java and .NET technologies employed within front and Back End solutions;
- Experience with ALM software (Atlassian suite, including Jira, GIT, and Fisheye knowledge preferred)
- Knowledge of XML, scripting, search products, content management and WebSphere
- Thorough knowledge and experience with UI and Front End web technologies (HTML, Java Script, Ajax etc.)
- Proven track record of leading development teams and providing technical direction and leadership on successful projects required
- Proven track record of building strong team relationships Ability to travel as needed to successfully perform position responsibilities
Our corporate value statements represent PSCU's commitment to providing the highest quality service to our member-owners. By practicing these values, we continue to meet the challenge of being a leading service provider in the credit union industry.
- Service Excellence - Exceeding expectations in every interaction.
- Passion - Boundless enthusiasm to be THE best.
- Leadership - Engaging, influencing, and inspiring others to accomplish our mission.
- Trust - Keeping the promises you make to others, and to yourself.
- Innovation - T he relentless pursuit of better ways.
PSCU is a drug and smoke free workplace
To learn more about opportunities and what it's like to work at PSCU follow us on our Facebook Careers page