Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by American Red Cross
Are you seeking a Full time opportunity that makes a difference? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Product Management Assistant for the American Red Cross!
Product Management Assistants perform inventory management in a highly regulated environment-from providing customer service to organizations ordering blood product through shipment of finished goods to area hospitals. Successful Distribution Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
This position is located in our Fairfield, NJ distribution center . Training will be held in Philadelphia, PA for 6-9 weeks upon hire (Monday - Friday 8:30am 5pm - hotel accommodation provided). Post-training schedule will be 4 (10 hour) days: Monday - Friday 4pm -2:30pm. Additional flexibility REQUIRED for overtime, flex schedule and/or holidays based on department needs.
- Complete and prioritize orders.
- Pulling/packing blood orders.
- Completing invoices.
- Rotation of stock.
- Packing bulk plasma for shipment.
- Inventory control.
- Irradiation of blood products.
- Handling and storage of unprocessed units.
- Receipt of lab samples.
- Entry and verification of imported blood products.
- Other related duties as assigned.
SHIFT:Four (10 hour) days: Monday-Thursday 4:00pm-2:30am. Additional flexibility REQUIRED for overtime, flex schedule and/or holidays based on department needs.
- High School diploma required;
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be able to lift and carry, push or pull packages weighing up to 70 lbs
- Experience in a regulatory, laboratory or manufacturing setting is preferred
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment.