Director 2 - Facilities Operations
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Sodexo
You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business.
Sodexo is seeking a Director, Facility Operations for a large client in Houston, TX.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Leader with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a background in both food service as well as facilities management (primary responsibility will be facilities)
- Directs preventative maintenance proactive & reactive repair maintenance issues using skilled trades, eg, HVAC, plumbing, electrical
- Directs custodial operations to ensure healthy and attractive facilities conducive to learning
- Directs grounds, landscape and maintenance operations to ensure a safe and attractive environment, while enhancing the safety and durability of athletic fields
- Oversees maintenance of property infrastructure, g., building, roofing, parking lot
- May oversee or manage small renovations or constructions projects
- Manages regulatory preparation, physical plant troubleshooting and project management
- Oversees equipment and systems replacement or upgrad Evaluates condition and function of building utility systems to determine needs and priorities for capital funding requests. Ensures building code compliance, proper installation and design practices for systems associated with minor or major maintenance and renovation projects
- Provides direction and oversight for the development and implementation of an overall emergency management strategy
- Acts as a liaison between the client and regulatory agencies and/or authorities including building code compliance
- Provides and applies practical knowledge regarding building maintenance, g., operation of steam distribution systems, air conditioning and heating systems, building automatic control systems, water distribution, fire protection, sanitary and storm sewer operations, piped medical gases, electrical distribution and central utility plants for steam and chilled water. Works with construction or design teams if needed
- Manages all tradespersons, managers, supervisors and employees of the Facilities Departm Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures. Develops recommendations for the DM and unit liaison concerning improvements and implements or guides implementation of new and/or modified programs, services, policies or procedures
- Communicates with client administrative and supervisory staff as well as external groups, agencies, contractors, architects and engineers to plan, organize, coordinate and/or communicate programs, services, policies and/or procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility's standards and regulations
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, which may include energy savings program. Prepares and maintains a variety of departmental records and reports
- Manages and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal regulatory and governing agencies
- Monitors work performance and preparing and/or reviewing performance evaluations for assigned personnel
- Establishes a safe work environment for employees by performing safety audits and inspections, conducting safety-related training, and maintaining on-going communications with employees.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a proven track record of successful Facilities Management leadership experience as demonstrated by articulated results and accomplishments;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, safety systems, architectural, landscape and energy management;
- demonstrated business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- exceptional customer service, relationship building and communication skills;
- strong Leadership skills with a focus on staff development and team building;
- Certified Facilities Manager (CFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields is preferred.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs .
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, eg, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, eg, grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.
Basic education requirement- Bachelor 's degree or equivalent experience
Basic management experience- 5 years
Basic functional experience- 5 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.