Director of Medicare Sales and Marketing
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Metroplus Health Plan
MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus' network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
With the support of the Chief Growth Officer and the Medicare Operations Department, the Manager (Associate Director) of Medicare/MLTC Marketing for MetroPlus Health Plan will play an important role in the development, implementation and marketing of the MetroPlus Medicare/MLTC programs and lead the MetroPlus Medicare Sales Division and contracted Broker Community through growth in NYC.Job Description
- Utilize periodic performance metrics to analyze and measure progress towards meeting the Managed Medicare/MLTC plans, standards and objectives.
- Routinely review and monitor Medicare/MLTC performance indicator reports for all teams as it pertains to productivity, application quality, rapid disenrollments, warm/soft transfer, etc
- Based on performance indicators, provide strategic recommendations for improvements to the Chief Growth Officer
- Provide leadership and direction to the sales team to achieve and exceed sales targets and growth projections
- Responsible for generating new opportunities, hiring planning, goal setting, training, expense control, and motivating staff to achieve goals.
- Work in collaboration with Internal and External Business Partners to resolve application QA and processing, improve quality, increase enrollment and other priorities related to the Medicare/MLTC products.
- Work with the Learning and Organizational Development Unit to develop and update Medicare/MLTC training content when applicable.
- Know, understand, support, and routinely review and update all MetroPlus Medicare/MLTC Operating Policies and Procedures to ensure that individual actions meet the overall organizational goals.
- Serve as chief liaison in working collaboratively with all N.Y.C. Health + Hospitals Community PCPs and IPA segments to ensure coordinated initiatives around Medicare/MLTC product offerings, operational and organizational execution.
- Analyze resource to ensure membership's goals are met.
- Manage and oversee activities performed by the Medicare/MLTC Administrative Assistant, and Medicare Marketing Management Team and Department
- Assist in the identification, review and implementation of new product designs and Medicare/MLTC marketing materials and promotional items.
- Participate in interviewing and screening Medicare/MLTC Representatives, Brokers, and Administrative Support Staff
- Oversee and Manage the Medicare Bonus/Incentive and Commission Program for internal captive/employed agents as well as Brokers to ensure a timely and accurate pay out.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of leads and referrals.
- Work with Chief Growth Officer to draft annual marketing plans for Medicare/MLTC LOBs
- Remain abreast of internal reporting systems including but not limited to RDS, MEM, MarketPlus, Cognos, MP Scan, etc in order to provide data driven solutions based on trends and analysis.
- Responsible for oversight and facilitation of Medicare Marketing and Retention internal inbound and outbound Telesales Unit
- Oversight of Internal Call Center operations, for both Brokers and MetroPlus Captive Sales Agents, resolution of grievances and Corrective Action Plans
- Ability to manage large budgets related to PS, OTPS, and fixed assets
- Responsible for vendor management and regulatory compliance
- Planning of Medicare/MLTC Full Staff Meetings
- Conduct community presentations and provider in-service to educate on MLTC/Medicare
- Attend and support retention initiatives including but not limited to; ANOC Town Hall Meetings and Member Touch Campaign.
- Ensure completion of all Medicare and MLTC compliance trainings.
- Participate and assist in any territory expansion efforts as required, but not limited to: development of Marketing Plan, Provider requirement, advertising and promotional recommendations, site development, etc
- Knowledge and Experience working with Dual eligible population, broker channel, IPA, Independent Physicians and large Acute Care Facilities
- Knowledge and expertise in product development, budget management, and sales strategies
- Familiarity of long term care services and supports
- Minimum of 6-8 years experience in Medicare Advantage and Managed Long Term Care healthcare industry required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years or more in a management role.
- Proven analytical and communication skills; ability to present, write and converse effectively with multiple audiences of various levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with strong business acumen
- Familiar with Market Prominence and various CRM Systems is a plus
- Former Sales and Marketing CMS training experience
- Experience in Management of Sales and Operations in a Medicare and Managed Long Term Care Environment
- Contacts in healthcare industry for networking and obtaining competitive and resolution of complex issues. Bi-lingual preferred
- Four year college degree in Business Administration or similar field required
Licensure and/or Certification Required
- NYS Life, Accident and Health license
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Written/Oral Communications
- Critical/Analytical Thinker
- Competitive goal oriented in Healthcare Sales