Digital Media Analytics Manager
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by US Cellular
Manages digital marketing performance analyses to measure the effects of U.S. Cellular digital marketing online and in stores. Identifies critical business questions, conducts analyses, and translates the data into meaningful information that drives results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates reports, dashboards and ad-hoc analysis based on data from various platforms (eg MTA, Google Analytics, Big Query, Cognos and others)
- Drives implementation and management of large analytic platforms and projects such as multi-touch attribution in partnership with multiple internal teams and external agency partners
- Leads analyses to determine the effects of all U.S. Cellular digital marketing, both online and offline. Manages the analysis of current marketing performance to assess what is working and what isn't, and recommends actions and solutions to maximize investment of $100MM+ annual marketing budget. Uses a profit and loss mindset to drive analytical approaches.
- Draws actionable insights and "story" from the raw data, provides optimization recommendations based on the data, builds presentations to share with key stakeholders
- Proactively identifies critical business questions and analyses, conducts analysis related to a range of unique business questions, interprets the data in a meaningful way, and translates the information into "marketer-friendly" results
- Assists in third party analytic vendor selection, development and management of contracts/Statements of Work and budgets, manages analytic teams at digital/creative/media agencies and other external vendors, leads day to day vendor communication
- Works with analytics teams at media and analytics agencies on test and learn opportunities, learning agenda analysis, measurement plan development, media measurement tagging
- Reviews and streamlines reporting approach and standards across digital marketing and ecommerce, including both internal and external groups
- Works with digital marketing and E-commerce leadership in a consultative capacity, advising and influencing the distribution and outcomes of the annual marketing budget, provides subject matter expertise support for digital media analytics
- Owns relationship with all U.S. Cellular marketing analytics departments; partners with internal analytics and information technology groups to ensure digital marketing data is incorporated in enterprise-wide reporting
- Leads operational improvements to analytics platforms to improve the business
- Investigates/oversees the assessment/trial of emerging analytics platforms and makes recommendations for adoption.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of analytics experience with responsibility for reporting and analyzing data in a fast-paced business environment required
- 3+ years of digital media analytics experience including managing large analytic projects and/or platform implementations
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office skills including Excel and PowerPoint is required
- High attention to detail and quality assurance of analytic outputs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across multiple layers of an organization from senior leadership to frontline
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, finance, business or related discipline preferred; advanced degree in related discipline a bonus
- Familiarity with attribution modeling and software (eg Adometry, VisualIQ, Neustar)
- Familiarity with at least one major web analytics platform (eg Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics etc.)
- Hands on experience with Tableau and SQL is strongly preferred
- Statistical modeling background is desirable
- Ecommerce/omni-channel retail experience preferred, Telecom industry experience is a plus
Job : Marketing
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.