DSNP Retention Specialist (Vietnamese Bilingual) - New York, NY
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by UnitedHealth Group
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.
It's that time, isn't it? You're ready for the next step forward and an opportunity to build on your skills. And it just so happens that there's never been a better time to become a part of the team at UnitedHealthcare, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members by interfacing and solving issues with their health care providers. As part of our group, the quality of support you deliver will directly translate into better care for their patients This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
*Candidate will be eligible for bonuses based on performance.*
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Responds to incoming customer service requests, both verbal and written
- Identifies and assesses customers' needs quickly and accurately
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment
- Partners with other billing and eligibility department representatives to resolve complex customer service inquiries
- Monitors delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Places outgoing phone calls to complete follow - up on customer service requests as necessary
- Responds to customer service inquiries in writing as necessary
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in eligibility, billing and receivable systems and associated applications
- Implements customer service strategies and recommends related improvements/enhancements
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all appropriate transactions
- Makes corrections and adjustments
- Other duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- 2+ years of experience with Internet Explorer
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel including data entry, sorting, creating, and modifying spreadsheets
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Word including data entry and documentation creation
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Outlook including email communications and calendar
- Bilingual with English and Vietnamese - ability to read, write and speak
- Comfortable working Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm or 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
- Knowledge of managed care industry
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge of Billing/Finance and Eligibility processes, practices and concepts
- Call center experience
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, New York, NY, Call Center, Customer Service, Healthcare
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$130k - $150k Annual
$135k - $150k Annual