Director, Business Development
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Sierra Nevada Corporation
The Director of Business Development reports to the business area Vice President of Business Development and is responsible for developing and executing the Business Units strategy for growth that supports and is aligned with the CEO's Strategic Management Plan (SMP) and are performed accordance with SNC's Corporate Planning and Performance Measurement (CPPM) Process.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Capture Management & Planning/Tracking (CMAP/T):
- Responsible for ensuring CMAP/T compliance within their BU
- Responsible for CMAP/T training of their BU business development staff
- Responsible for developing and updating the BU's Capture Management Plan (CMP) that supports the BU's growth targets and is aligned with the CEO's Strategic Management Plan (SMP) and BA's Capture Management Plan (CMP)
- Responsible for developing the BU's product roadmaps
- Responsible for developing the return on investment analysis for the BU's strategic pursuits
- Responsible for managing the development and execution of the BU's Program Capture Plans (PCP's) in accordance with CMAP
- Responsible for preparing the quarterly Capture Management Review (CMR) briefing reporting the status of the plan against the BU's annual targets
- Responsible for the monthly update and review of the BU Orders Forecast in accordance with the CPPM schedule
- Responsible for management and oversight of BU Business Development staff, as assigned
- Supports the development of statements of work and supervision for all BU Business Development consultants and assessing their performance at the end of the period of performance
- Supports the Corporate VP and VP of BD in establishing Strategic Business Development Objectives
- Joint responsibility with the BU Director of Programs in achieving annual BU Growth Targets
- Supports the VP of Technology's development of a strategic plan of technology thrusts necessary to support current and future business activities,
- Supports the VP of BD and VP of Technology to identify and prioritize the BU's internal development and research and development (R&D) initiatives supporting the BA's strategic programs and product roadmaps
- Supports the VP of BD and BU Director of Programs estimate the BU's annual bid and proposal (B&P) costs
- Supports the oversight of all policy matters in support of the ITCO and the exportability, technical determination and releasability of their business areas products and services
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations (Anniversary and Annual), Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training and adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Candidates for this position preferably have an advanced degree at the Masters level or higher & must have 10 years of experience in the business units designated areas of primary support.
- The candidate should be knowledgeable in business areas of Fixed Wing and Rotary Aviation & Security Services & very well linked to the Washington area/DOD/DHS user community and International user community. Prior military service & flight operations experience is highly desired.
- Should be knowledgeable of the United States Army Security Assistance Command (USASAC) process & structure.
- The position requires knowledge & understanding of DOD military services, program & acquisition procedures, with DOD experience being required. Experience with executing pursuits for both Foreign Military Sales & Direct Commercial Sales is highly desirable.
- A background in Civilian business development, proposal development, program management, & team building highly desired.
- Candidates must be able to understand customer product requirements, operational concepts, & with the assistance of appropriate technical personnel, translate those into feasible technical solutions to be explained to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- The position requires the ability to work autonomously & independently as well as with a group to develop business strategies, contact, solutions, & plans.
- The individual must be a self-starter of unimpeachable integrity.
- The individual must have held a security clearance.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.