Director Talent Acquisition
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Sierra Nevada Corporation
The Director of Talent Acquisition is responsible for developing and executing the recruitment strategy for talent at all levels within Sierra Nevada Corporation and aligning this strategy with company goals. This position will support the continued success of the company through leading a robust recruiting strategy for acquiring the right talent for the right roles throughout SNC, in an effective and timely fashion. This position will also be responsible for directing and ensuring effectiveness of the enterprise recruitment function by evaluating and improving TA processes, working closely with SNC leaders to fully understand immediate and projected hiring needs, developing measurable and effective metrics, and building a strong and engaged talent acquisition team. The Director TA is a key contributor in building and maintaining a strong employer brand for SNC, and will work collaboratively with Executive leadership, HR, Finance, and Communications on a daily basis with a focus on continuous improvement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- TA strategy development and execution, in concert with HR and Executive leadership and direction
- Consults with executive management and business leaders to identify talent/competency gaps and creates plan to close the gaps through talent acquisition
- Cultivate high performance environment through the identification and acquisition of top talent in the market for both the TA team, and for SNC overall
- Developing and building SNC's employment brand, while working closely with the Communications department for overall SNC branding alignment
- Via TA team, oversee the sourcing and placement of candidates whose values are in line with the organizations overall goals and needs
- Development of a strong University Recruiting program to include enhancement of current internship programs via support and guidance of University Recruiting team
- Leadership and development of the TA team, to create a best in class TA team
- Direct recruiting, selection and onboarding processes to align with the most current best practices
- In partnership with Communications team, design recruiting campaigns targeting leading industry talent
- Develop strategy for sourcing and acquiring highly skilled candidates for leadership and strategic positions
- Align TA resource needs with the growth strategy of the company, in some cases developing formal staffing plans to meet program objectives
- Drive enhancements and continuous improvement of TA processes and tools that meet and exceed business needs and support company mission and goals
- Continuous measurement and improvement of the enterprise recruitment process through recruiting metric collection, analysis, trending and goal setting
- Works with TA and HR Leadership in succession planning process to integrate executive searches activity as needed, to align with the succession plans
- Ensure services, policies and processes are in compliance with company, professional standards and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures that third party vendor labor and executive search firm agreements are appropriately negotiated and are compliant, reviewing at least annually.
- Management of TA budget
- Responsible for reviewing current TA processes to streamline, while ensuring both regulatory compliance and SNC process compliance
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, Hires and Term process, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight, and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management, with or without accommodation
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field.
- 15+ Years of Experience in Related Field
- Strong TA process/operational background
- Must be both strategic and able to implement strategy via tactical approach
- Technical experience with TA systems (knowledge of Workday ATS preferred) as well as strong Social Media experience
- Knowledge of employment laws and requirements is necessary
- Proficiency in Word & Excel is required
- This position required strong organization and interpersonal communication skills
- This position handles confidential information therefore the individual must be discreet
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a positionSierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.