Digital AppOps Specialist
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Fiserv
What does a great Digital AppOps Specialist do?
Hands-on Java application support developer responsible for providing AppOps support, rotating on-call, project participation, and business continuity for the Digital Portfolio (Web Apps, APIs etc) applications. The candidate will have prior experience leading triage efforts for distributed eco-systems and will be responsible for delivering platform stability and issue resolutions. In addition, solid understanding of Unix/Linux, Java, Shell scripting, and Oracle is required. Must have excellent communication skills, as we periodically interface with clients, vendor and business partners. Familiarity with Window server administration a plus.
- Linux Java development support with experience troubleshooting of production applications within lower and upper multi-tier environments
- 24x7 support of production applications, including cloud based (Azure, AWS and Hybrid), on a rotating basis, and participate in resolution of escalated incident calls
- Create application monitoring plan and recommend performance and infrastructure capacity improvements
- Point of escalation accountable for customer support to diagnose and resolve customer impacting issues
- Review turnover artifacts to ensure completion prior to executing production installs
- Participate in assigned projects representing the support organization, communicate status, issues and delivery risks
- Works with Change Management/Release Managers on the evaluation of change events and in planning items for production deployment Perform code installations working with development and Quality Control to monitor and validate successful implementation or fallback. Document installs defects and assigns severities to the problems that occur. When fallback occurs, perform postmortems to identify root cause (RCA)
- Perform trending and analysis of problems; anticipate problems and develop risk mitigation plans for continuous improvement
- Ensures monitoring alerts and system events are assessed, prioritized, and worked aggressively
- Maintain and/or create technical support documentation
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High School Diploma
- 4+years of IT experience in a technical production support role or equivalent with background in Unix/Linux or operations support with hands-on using Java J2EE, Hibernate, JPA, Springs and Struts
- 3+ years' experience with Collaboration platforms such as JIRA, Confluence, Wiki, Version one
- Strong technical experience with Unix/Linux, Apache, and either WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, Coherence
- Experience with Shell scripting, Sed, and AWK
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle and/or using SQLPLUS
- Experience with Azure, AWS and Hybrid based support model.
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architecture and infrastructure configurations
- Familiarity with common networking practices
- Analytical problem-solving skills to solve complex problems and independent judgement to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Experienced in creating dashboard for Splunk/App dynamics/ExtraHop.
- Experienced in Agile and DevOps environments and cultures.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Technology, Computer Science or related field of study
- 5+ years' experience with distributed technologies and systems.
- Full life-cycle development experience in a large financial services firm
- Knowledge of ITIL production support best practices
- Exposure to Automation technologies/tools and willingness to master and implement new solutions.
- Willingness to learn and maintain Legacy applications
- Prior experience in Financial Services industries.
Who We Are: With more than 1,200 associates in nine primary locations, Fiserv Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
Card Services by the Numbers:
- 3,200+ clients
- 1+ billion debit, credit, and ATM transactions processed
- 28,000 ATMs managed
- 50+ million accounts managed
- Our debit network is accessible at 3.6 million point-of-sale locations and 535,000 ATMs
- Handled $1+ million in commerce in our busiest minute this year
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Learn more about us.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren't thinking about financial services But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We're Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company's approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World's Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
In this role you will be aligned with our card solutions team. Card Services authorizes and settles point-of-sale (POS) and ATM transactions, monitors and drives ATMs, provides nationwide switching of debit, credit, prepaid and ATM transactions, and owns the Accel® Network. We provide clients with proven solutions to maximize profit, reduce cost, and mitigate risk.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.