Director of Marketing
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Hamburg Gaming at the Erie County Fairgrounds in Hamburg, N.Y., near Buffalo, is managed by Delaware North. The property features 940 gaming machines on the main gaming floor and a new outdoor gaming patio that opened in spring 2019. Dining options include a buffet, quick-serve favorites at the grill and Tim Hortons. Meanwhile, the feature bar offers specials every night, along with live music from local bands every Friday and Saturday.The Opportunity
Direct, oversee and operate all Marketing, Players Club Reward Center and Group Sales operations for video lottery operations.
- Develop, implement and administer all departmental and organizational policies and procedures.
- Administer and manage all Players Club Reward Center operations.
- Administer and manage all Group Sales efforts and operations.
- Formulate departmental budgets.
- Strategically plan, implement and review all promotional activities and marketing events.
- Interpret player tracking system data to develop promotional activity and evaluate effectiveness of past promotions.
- Oversee maintenance of company Web site.
- Coordinate promotional activities with other departments.
- Coordinate and oversee all media/public relation activities, including press conferences, press release creation and distribution.
- Serve as primary media liaison for company.
- Supervise all community relation efforts.
- Serve as a company representative within local community organizations (Chamber of Commerce) as well as tourism agencies such as Greater Rochester Visitors Association and Finger Lakes Tourism.
- Oversee relationships with local businesses to maximize partnership opportunities for increased business.
- Work directly with contracted advertising agency in creation of marketing collateral and purchase of media buys.
- Supervise production of all in-house production of marketing materials.
- Coordinate all in-house media buys and sponsorships.
- Secure purchase of all marketing related printed material and giveaways.
- Create and oversee direct mail (customer relationship marketing) program.
- Serve as company liaison with New York State Division of Lottery and New York State Racing and Wagering Board in regard to approval of marketing efforts.
- Serve lead role in securing sponsorship and advertising revenue opportunities.
- Prepare marketing reports, purchase orders and related materials for review by the General Manager.
- Oversee all hiring, training, evaluation and scheduling of staff.
- Investigate and resolve guest complaints and issues.
- Conduct employee counseling sessions including verbal and written corrective action reports.
- Supervise work through planning and scheduling of work assignments and performance development.
- Prioritize, organize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work within tight deadlines frequently.
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge and skill.
- Role model the skills of guest service and interact positively through relationships with guests, coworkers, and supervisors by displaying genuine concern and respect for people's needs.
- Greet guests positively, treating each person in a professional manner.
- Have appropriate skills to deal with guest complaints and help defuse difficult, and sometimes emotionally charged, situations to maintain the guest's goodwill and respect.
- Understand the goals and vision of the organization, and demonstrate commitment to those goals in terms of individual and team performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field from a four-year college or university preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience required.
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.