Human Resources Manager - GLCC
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Great Lakes Coca-Cola Bottling
The Human Resource Manager is accountable for managing all Human Resource (HR) functions such as: implementing HR operational strategies, analyzing business information and leading HR and business project initiatives, proactively engaging in employee relations issues, managing candidate staffing, selection and community outreach, employee development activities, and managing programs, policies and procedures in support of the company culture.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Collaborates with local facility leadership to get input on HR decisions and ensures the delivery of high-quality HR processes.
- Supervises HR Generalist and/or HR Coordinator.
- Evaluates potential issues or service needs and formulates strategic responses.
- Develops and implements facility-staffing strategies inclusive of community outreach.
- Demonstrates employee advocacy and develops a reputation as a neutral and approachable HR professional serving all employees.
- Mediates difficult employee relations and/or other interactions as a neutral party.
- Leads talent management, employee development, and succession planning initiatives.
- Communicates benefit-related changes and assists employees with questions regarding benefits.
- Designs (as needed), revises, and communicates HR policies and procedures.
- Assures local facility complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing employment.
- Designs and maintains affirmative action plan by conducting statistical analysis and documenting progress in the AAP.
- Measures performance in the areas of human resources and safety and presents information to corporate management and customers.
- Manages the employee's performance evaluation and career development process.
- Assists leadership team with budget formulation and management.
- Designs programs and policies to cultivate a strong customer service culture in the HR function
- Provides value-added services including strategic management, leadership development, and project management.
- May be assigned as a subject-matter expert on one or more human resource disciplines for the company
- Support training initiatives, training and programs.
- Other projects or duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five plus years of recent HR generalist experience, with strong leadership and hands-on capabilities in Employee Relations, Staffing, Talent Management, Change Management, Performance Management, Labor/Union Relations and Regulatory Compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to balance conflicting points of view, function effectively under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness
- Proven ability to resolve complex problems by leveraging business/HR knowledge and client relationships
- Track record of developing successful client relationships/business partnerships
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to logically organize thinking on issues, develop thorough execution plans and drive process to successful implementation
- Strong experience working the "soft side" of HR including developing a culture of cooperation, teamwork and open communication at all levels
- Ability to anticipate business needs, think proactively and respond appropriately
- Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, demonstrating a sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and create improved efficiency
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to follow-through to completion
Track record of success working at a fast pace
- Exhibits great attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with HRIS, Microsoft Office and familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Up to 15% travel for training, support of other company facilities, etc.
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Two plus years of supervisory experience
- HR Certification
- Experience working for a food or beverage company
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.