Housekeeper - 2020 Spring/Summer Season
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Delaware North
Located steps away from the sandy coastline of the Pacific Ocean is Kalaloch Lodge. This is where the dramatic coastline meets the luscious temperate rainforest of Olympic National Park. Our tranquil and scenic lodge overlooks where Kalaloch Creek meets the Pacific Ocean. If the abundant wildlife, gorgeous panoramic views, and the Sun setting over the pacific is not enough to entice you our dedicated team members of Kalaloch Lodge will undoubtedly win you over. Kalaloch Lodge is an embodiment of Delaware Norths commitment to being a global leader in hospitality.
Here at Kalaloch Lodge we have a total of 65 guest rooms ranging from lodge rooms to cabins nestled on the bluff with front row seats to the Sun sinking past the pacific waters. Kalaloch also is home to the Creekside Dining Restaurant that features Northwest inspired dishes using fresh, local and sustainable ingredients created by our talented culinary team. Our onsite Mercantile completes the package and is essential to creating special experiences for our guests.
To learn more about Kalaloch Lodge, visitThe Opportunity
Kalaloch Lodge Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning and maintaining the guest rooms, public areas, back of house areas such as linen room and laundry areas, according to company policy and procedures at a level that meets or exceeds company standards.
MARCH AND MAY START DATES AVAILABLE!Position Details
- Exemplifies the 10 Universal Service Standards and provides excellent guest service as detailed in the GuestPath Service Standards
- Adhere to all department Operational Service Standards (OSS)
- Aware of and promotes GreenPath and all associated initiatives
- Stocks cart to ensure that enough cleaning needs, equipment and amenities are available to properly clean each room
- Operate Company vehicle(s) including vans, trucks, and golf carts
- Observes proper procedures upon entering a guest room
- Cleans the guest rooms assigned and ensures the amenities are stocked for each cleaned room; completes entire housekeeping checklist
- Reports clean rooms to supervisor for inspection
- Reports any damages or hazards that are present in guest suite, ie, burnt out light bulbs, broken furniture, broken fixtures, etc.
- Secures guest room doors upon exiting the room
- Keeps the corridors and service areas neat at all times
- Follows the lost and found procedure and turns in guest room keys
- Adheres to all policies and procedures
- Knowledge of all fire prevention and emergency policies and procedures
- Utilizes protective equipment (when necessary)
- Reports substandard (unsafe) conditions to supervisor
- Reports accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to supervisor
- Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security policies and procedures
- Any other related duties as requested by supervisor(s)
- Assists other housekeeping personnel when needed
- May work in laundry room area loading washers and dryers and folding sheets
- All other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Limited or no experience required; previous commercial cleaning and/or guest service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of various cleaning utensils, dryers, vacuum cleaners, tools and fixtures
- Ability to work quickly under pressure
- Ability to follow direction and instructions
- Guest service oriented; ability to adhere to Company's GuestPath Universal Service Standards
- Ability to read in English; ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to make simple addition and subtraction calculations
- Frequent walking and standing for entire length of shift
- Frequent climbing of stairs
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, kneeling, and carrying
- Use of hands to operate cleaning equipment and complete scrubbing/washing duties
- Be able to push carts weighing up to 200lbs
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual acuity sufficient to inspect cleanliness of rooms and surfaces
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Regularly exposed to fumes and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Occasionally works in outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Noise level may be moderate to loud
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Equal Employment Opportunity
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.More Information
Employees will receive free entry into Olympic National Park, a free crew meal on work days and discounts at our Creekside Dining Room and Mercantile store.
On-site employee shared housing is available but is limited. Full kitchens are available in each unit. Private bathrooms in each unit, with standing shower. Laundry on-site. Limited Internet access is available and satelitte TV is available in our employee recreation area. Some restrictions apply. Contact our Human Resources Department for more information at ext. 1013 or email (see below) .Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit .