Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by Related Companies
Related Rentals is currently seeking a highly experiencedResidential Maintenance Technician with a strong background in modern/luxury residential building. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for common area and apartment repairs in the scope of plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, and appliances. Further oversight of the building's curb appeal through building exterior inspections and grounds maintenance is required. Customer service and attention to detail are critical skills to ensure the satisfaction of the community's residents.
Location: The Beverly is conveniently located in the heart of Boston, MA
Scheduled: 9:30 AM -6 PM ( Days off: TBD weekends might be required)
Building Information: The Beverly, with its modern aesthetic, comprehensive amenity package, and central location in the vibrant North Station neighborhood, redefines workforce housing offering top-level amenities at below market rents. Designed to meet the needs of the professionals that make our city great, The Beverly provides graciously appointed apartments reserved for individuals, couples, and families at a variety of income levels (30-165% of Boston's area median income), providing an incredible opportunity for Bostonians to live in the heart of the city at an affordable rent.
- Diagnose and repair problems in such areas as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, major appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, masonry, painting/wallpaper, water features (pools, spas, etc.), fitness equipment, and waste management systems.
- Assist with organizing and prioritizing service requests and general maintenance tasks. Complete assigned service requests and repairs consistent with company operating and equipment/supply standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure vacant apartments are rent-ready in a timely manner. Manage make ready schedule and perform turnkey work as required. Manage vendor work appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation of staff work and preventive maintenance schedules, daily rounds, as well as maintaining an inventory of supplies and tools sufficient for providing the appropriate level of service.
- Conduct apartment Preventative Maintenance (PM).
- Collect and remove trash and debris including pet waste from building areas.
- Inspect building's grounds and buildings on a daily basis to identify maintenance needs.
- Maintain company customer service standards. Respond to resident requests and work with residents to minimize/resolve problems and complaints. Follow through to ensure issue is resolved.
- Maintain an injury free safety culture by following all policies and procedures and reporting any unsafe behavior or conditions including nonfunctioning equipment.
- Apply all applicable company policies and procedures such as, but not limited to company operating and safety standards. Train and promote safe work practices among on-site staff.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws, specifically Fair Housing regulations.
Benefits and features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K), Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Recognition & Wellness Programs
- Ability to read and write English as demonstrated by clear and concise written and verbal communications, the ability to read service requests, to read and understand policies and procedures including but not limited to Key Control Policy and all Maintenance Emergency policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate with team members, residents and vendors in order to provide customer service.
- Ability to identify cleaning and chemical supplies, ability to read and understand Hazard Communication Safety Data Sheets (SDS), ability to understand proper applications of chemicals and general cleaning supplies, ability to frequently handle and properly dispose of these products.
- Knowledge of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliances, carpentry, emergency systems, flooring, hardware accessories, fitness equipment, waste management systems.
- Complete understanding of emergency systems, shutoffs, locations and sequence of operations.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic skills such as measurement, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to do basic calculations and analysis such as estimating, determining averages and percentages, and totals.
- Ability to frequently handle and use chemicals and general cleaning supplies.
- Ability to understand basic knowledge of boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, flooring, plumbing, sprinklers and steam systems.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Building maintenance environment, indoor/outdoor, consisting of exposure to moving mechanical parts and seasonal temperature changes ranging from freezing to extreme heat
- May be exposed to high places, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and loud noises
- Vision requirements include both close range and long distance vision
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and crawl into confined spaces
- Must be able to endure walking, squatting, bending, balancing, climbing, kneeling, crawling and prolonged standing
- Must be able to use hands to grip power and hand tools
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Related Companies is the most prominent privately-owned real estate firm in the United States. Formed over 40 years ago, Related is a fully-integrated, highly diversified industry leader with experience in virtually every aspect of development, acquisitions, management, finance, marketing and sales. Headquartered in New York City, Related has offices and major developments in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, South Florida, Washington, D.C., Abu Dhabi, London and Shanghai and boasts a team of over 3,000 professionals. The Company's existing portfolio of real estate assets, valued at over $30 billion, is made up of best-in-class developments in premier high-barrier-to-entry markets across all asset classes.
Related has dramatically redefined the concept of metropolitan luxury by introducing extraordinary residential rental properties in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. With each new building, Related has been hailed for setting new standards of excellence in the luxury rental marketplace. To ensure that every resident in every Related building enjoys the very finest services, unsurpassed amenities, and a luxury lifestyle without compromise, Related Companies takes great pride in managing every building it owns. Related owns and manages 261 Hudson, 456 Washington, Abington House, The Caledonia, The Easton, The Lyric, MiMA, One Carnegie Hill, One Union Square South, Riverwalk Crossing, Riverwalk Point, The Sierra, The Strathmore, The Tate, Tribeca Green, Tribeca Park, Tribeca Tower, The Westminster and The Westport in New York City (and manages 1214 Fifth Avenue and 89 Murray also in New York City), One Back Bay and The Arlington in Boston, 500 Lake Shore Drive and Landmark West Loop in Chicago, The Emerson in Los Angeles, The Paramount in San Francisco and One Hill South in Washington, D.C. Related also owns an extensive portfolio of workforce and affordable housing and has several new rental developments underway across the country. For more information about Related Companies please visit