Home Health RN - Grapevine, Irving, TX
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 by UnitedHealth Group
Opportunities with Homecare Dimensions. For more than 20 years, Homecare Dimensions has been bringing compassionate and skilled care into the homes of patients throughout Southern Texas. Our focus on combining empathy with quality of care enables us to effectively act as a supportive partner to primary care providers. And that makes our organization a perfect fit to Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Career opportunities with Homecare Dimensions provide you with flexibility, autonomy and incredible support. More importantly, you'll discover the tools, resources, training and technology that only a leader like Optum can provide. Want to make a bigger difference? Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Home Health Field RN provides skilled nursing services and assists with the coordination of home health care services for assigned patients. The RN ensures quality and safe delivery of home health care services in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies.
- Performs nursing assessments and develops, implements and evaluates plans of care in conjunction with the physician, patient and caregivers per agency policy and procedure
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care, the patient's response to care and outcomes of care and revises the plan of care as needed
- Re-evaluates patient nursing needs to include on-going assessments using the OASIS data set at appropriate time points
- Provides skilled nursing services that require substantial and specialized nursing care including medication administration, wound care, therapeutic treatments, and skilled teaching as ordered and indicated
- Plans and implements patient health teaching and health counseling regarding the disease process(es), self-care techniques and prevention and involves the patient's significant others in accomplishing health goals while promoting patient/family independence
- Participates in health promotion and disease prevention activities
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures following the physician's plan of care
- Coordinates services and scheduling with the Clinical Team Manager (CTM) and Clinical Team Coordinator (CTC) to include recommendations for additional home health care services for patients to within 24 hours of Start of Care (SOC)
- Assesses the patient's condition during every home health care visit; insures assessments are communicated to the Clinical Team Manager on a daily basis; nursing interventions are implemented to meet patient needs and changed conditions
- Performs care management duties on patients as assigned including: notifying the physician of changes in the patient's condition or progress toward goals, obtaining needed physicians orders, reassessing the patient for recertification, supervision of LVNs and home health aides, attending and documenting case conferences, coordination of care by reporting of significant findings to others on the healthcare team, and planning for, notification of and documenting the discharge of the patient
- Documents all communications with the patient, family, physician, CTM, pharmacy, other disciplines, and appropriate others as indicated on communication notes
- Prepares a written plan for the Home Health Aide to follow, if applicable
- Expresses verbal and written communication in a clear, positive and cooperative manner
*Excellent compensation, benefits within 30 days, PTO, paid holidays, annual reviews, mileage reimbursement and bonus potential*
This is a full time position making visits to patient's homes.There is also on-call every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current and unrestricted RN license in the state of Texas
- 1+ years of experience with home health care or related environment
- BLS and/or CPR certification
- Developed computer skills
- Ability to lift and transfer patients
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*PLEASE NOTE* The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: palliative, home health, RN, hospice, field nurse, Grapevine, Irving, TX, Texas
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.