Lead Infrastructure Engineer #366428BR
Posted on Feb 24, 2020 by H & R Block
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
One H&R Block Way Kansas City Missouri
What you'll do.
Develop an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure. Provide application oversight and support for networks and data communication, server systems, storage and data management solutions and information security. Lead activities in the areas of technical support escalation, internal resource application, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics. Participate in engineering and deployment planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers. Identify automation opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability, and new systems management tools. Proactively engage as the Tier 3 escalation point to satisfy requests for new applications or functionality or resolve system, software or hardware deficiencies in existing systems. Participate in and guide efforts to define and implement proactive fault detection and capacity monitoring systems. Lead planning, development and execution of backup and recovery services. Guide and mentor lower level engineers.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Applications, or related field. 8 years of experience in
- Managing enterprise class application platforms for both in-house developed and third-party applications;
- Leading Application Engineering and Operations support teams;
- Implementing, managing and deploying applications on various platforms, including IIS, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss;
- Production support, Release management and Vulnerability management;
- SQL, PL/SQL on SQL Server and Oracle;
- IT service management solutions (ServiceNow), Application Build and Configuration management solutions (Automated Build Studio, Marimba, Team Foundation Server); and
- Server systems, VMware, Storage technology, Network technology, Information Security.
- ITIL support standards for incident, problem and change management;
- Automation, Orchestration and Continuous Integration/Deployment platforms (Jenkins, Ansible, TeamCity, Chef, Puppet, Orchestrator, Octopus); and
- Systems monitoring tools (AppDynamics, SolarWinds, SCOM, and vRops).
In lieu of a bachelor's plus 8/5, a master's degree plus 6/3 years of experience is acceptable.
About H&R Block
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
Engineering & Operations