Lead Application Engineer
Posted on Feb 26, 2020 by ANSYS
The Lead Application Engineer is responsible for leveraging their experience, subject matter expertise and customer-relationship skills to assist in growing our software business by proactively helping customers deploy ANSYS technology to deliver on their key business initiatives. The Lead Application Engineer is responsible for executing and leading business development projects that deliver business value for ANSYS at the Sector/Country or Division level.
- Collaborate with Sales to create solutions to complex customers problems that drive software revenue
- Responsible for articulating ANSYS' value proposition which may encompass its entire suite of products; the presentations must affirm the sales message, differentiate ANSYS, and leave a strong and positive impression with Executive level audiences that ANSYS' technology can help deliver on their key business initiatives
- Execute and lead multiple high profile business development projects and analysis of complex technical problems that deliver business value for the client as well as a positive impact for ANSYS at the Sector/Country or Divisional level
- Draw from your simulation experience and expertise to provide best practices that will demonstrate a clear path for customers to drive more value from ANSYS; collaborate effectively to transfer product knowledge and best practices to customers and the ACE team
- Participate in internal corporate initiatives to further enhance the products, consulting and training offerings, presales/sales enablement and professional growth; actively participate in the development and mentoring of team members
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering with the emphasis on high-frequency electromagnetics or other technical discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of experience, including post-BS academic experience, in an engineering environment
- A minimum of 2 years manager-level or Senior Engineer level work experience in application engineer, customer support, customer consulting services, or related customer facing activities
- Is considered a subject matter expert and recognized within the Sector/Country or Division in at least one relevant discipline within our business and is sought out for counsel and advice by other engineers within ANSYS and/or by industry experts
- Demonstrated understanding of engineering practices and product development, technology and how these tools are used by our customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects which are complex in nature and coordinate colleagues across diverse teams and locations
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements process and then work with customer to build out those requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Possesses knowledge of circuit theory, basic transmission line theory with the emphasis on signal and power integrity applications, and EMI high-frequency applications
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in an engineering environment is preferred
- Must have passion and drive for personal technical excellence and high performance
- Must have customer service aptitude and maintain customer focus
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Demonstrated knowledge and previous usage of ANSYS HFSS, ANSYS SIwave, ANSYS Q3D Extractor or other relevant software package
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto