Lead Application Engineer
Posted on Feb 26, 2020 by ANSYS
The Lead Application Engineer is responsible for providing world-class assistance to customers and channel partners in the usage of our products, as well as for leveraging knowledge and relationships to assist in growing our software business in line with the corporate vision and performance expectations. Apply knowledge and experience in the areas of RTL design, custom circuit analysis, high-speed VLSI design, standard cell physical layout, power-grid extraction, timing analysis, noise analysis, and voltage drop effects with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex System-on-Chip (SoC).
- Support customers promptly and effectively in order to improve customer productivity and satisfaction with Apache BU simulation products particularly in the areas of Power, Power Integrity and Reliability
- Apply knowledge in the areas of Custom circuit analysis, RTL design, High-performance VLSI design, Standard cell physical layout, Power-grid extraction, Timing analysis, Noise analysis, and Voltage drop effects with various CAD tools to solve problems in complex System-on-Chip (SoC)
- Take ownership of one or more strategic accounts and/or business/technology initiatives for strategic and tactical business needs
- Train customers on the usage of Apache products to increase their proficiency, independence, and success; use technical excellence to show leadership to customers in the usage of our products
Key Customer Business Development:
- Consistently improve our understanding of customer workflow and technical needs and communicate new opportunities and risks to Sales; proactively work to grow the software usage by demonstrating new solutions based on the ANSYS vision and software
- Demonstrate the value of the ANSYS vision and software to sales prospects through collaboration with direct and indirect Sales in order to grow sales volume in existing markets
- Assist in running product evaluations and benchmarks for prospective customers
- Hold progress update meetings with global and local customers
- Mentor local or remote AE team by using tool knowledge and domain expertise
Minimum BSEE with a minimum of 6 years of experience or MSEE with a minimum of 4 years of experience in VLSI design or PhD in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of experience in VLSI design.
Custom circuit analysis & design, standard cell physical layout, timing and noise analysis, or voltage drop effects with CAD tools
Strong technical knowledge related to EDA tools on layout, STA, Extraction-SPEF/DSPF and Spice
Demonstrated domain expertise in the area of on-chip and system level Power Noise and Reliability
Demonstrated expertise with ultra-low power design methodologies
UNIX operating systems and proficiency in Scripting using Perl and TCL
IC/ASIC design flow experience from RTL to GDS
Consistent record of outstanding customer interaction, written and verbal communication, and presentation skills
MSEE is preferred
Demonstrated consistent record of independent time and project management, productivity, meeting objectives and deadlines with no supervision; demonstrated consistent ability to collaborate and work effectively with diverse staff in multiple regions and multiple departments within ANSYS
Competency in general office software applications such as mail tools, document editors, spreadsheets and databases
Local language and English skills, as required
Some traveling will be required
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to ANSYS. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
Results and Accountability
Transparency and Integrity
Sense of urgency
Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at ANSYS are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at ANSYS, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished".
It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At ANSYS, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, ANSYS has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
ANSYS is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
ANSYS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto