Registered Nurse (RN) ER
Posted on Mar 12, 2020 by UT Health East Texas
- Monitoring the changes in the patients condition including the recording and reporting of symptoms, assessing vital signs and intervening when appropriate.
- Supporting the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care to decrease potential harm to other patients and peers
- Participating actively in UTHET s performance improvement process as it relates to nursing practices and procedures
- Monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms and changes in patients conditions
- Interacting with co-workers and other hospital staff, guests and patients providing outstanding customer service
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.
- One year of emergency nursing experience required. Two years of acute care nursing experience preferred.
- Current RN license or compact RN license to practice in Texas.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required before hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required before hire.
- Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC) required within 18 months of employment. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) required before hire for experienced nurses and before end of orientation for graduate nurses
- CEN preferred
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, mhb, nurse rn, recovery, surgical, unit