Posted on Mar 17, 2020 by CV-Library
We are currently recruiting for a Site Engineer in the West Midlands to work on a fantastic regeneration project to transform the highway infrastructure, support local growth and the development of around 5,000 new homes, and facilitate the regeneration of commercial and retail properties in Perry Barr area. The works will involve the construction of a new bridge and removal of the existing flyover with the installation of a traffic signal-controlled junction and associated improvements to cycle and bus lanes and provided general public realm enhancements.
Reporting directly to the Site Agent, you will ensure the safe and timely delivery of project work activities by:
* Providing the operational and technical site engineering function of contracts including working with and coordinating suppliers, setting out and surveying, using CAD/BIM data to obtain setting out and technical details from drawings, permit processes, and providing technical support and information to the workforce.
* Ensuring that works activities are carried out effectively, to agreed programmes and specification.
* Providing appropriate information to the Section/Site Engineer to assist production of the monthly cost plan.
* Mentoring Graduate/Apprentice Engineers.
* Maintaining and developing customer and supplier relationships.
* Optimising cost control and operational efficiency to achieve agreed budgets.
* Complying with all HSQE systems.
In common with a career with a major national construction company a degree of mobility and flexibility will be required as the location of projects varies. It is also desirable but not essential for the successful candidate to have attained a further education
qualification (Degree or HND/HNC).
Other qualities desirable for this role include:
* A good understanding of current methods and up to date knowledge of specifications and contract principles
* Familiarity of GPS and Robotic Setting out equipment
* Experience of supervising Engineering and Workforce teams (or similar)
* CSCS qualified (desirable)
In return, we offer an extensive range of career development opportunities and industry-leading rewards, incentives and benefits.
* Bonus scheme
* Company car
* 25 days holiday plus statutory Bank Holiday days
* Holiday purchase scheme
* Contributory pension scheme
* Sharesave scheme
* Access to the rewards website with discounts on retailers, holidays, etc.
* Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice.
* Training and development opportunities
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£260 - £300 Daily
£220 - £250 Daily
£250 - £300 Daily
£40k - £50k Annual
£32.6k - £36.5k Annual
£43k - £43k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual