Senior Quantity Surveyor - D&B Projects up to £10m
Posted on Mar 26, 2020 by CV-Library
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To manage a commercial team to deliver the commercial objectives of the business on designated project(s).
- To develop strong customer relationships with key clients and Consultants.
- To take overall responsibility and accountability for the commercial elements on a project(s).
- To offer assistance, support and mentoring to other team members
- To take a keen interest in matters outside of merely just the commercial issues.
- To promote inter-departmental teamwork in the strongest possible manner with appropriate behaviours.
- To assist the Operations Manager with pre-start planning and programming
- To aspire to the highest standards of timely Sub-contract procurement and commercial management
- Management and control of sub-contract accounts and variation accounts, communicating effectively to minimise risk and disputes.
- Change management control securing the best possible outcome for the business.
- Profit and delivery maximisation and efficiency
- Assisting and liaising with the buyers on materials procurement and buying opportunities
- To manage the day to day cost control, monitoring and reporting
- Develop an understanding of the designated contract, specification and pricing ensuring compliance with conditions throughout
- Assist the Operations Manager with subcontractor selection and ensure the chosen subcontractor has the appropriate order and information to carry out their work
- Liaise with the Commercial Manager / Operations Manager over contractual issues and take action as required
- Measure progress, submit valuations, submit final accounts and retention release and monitor receipt of payment in a timely manner
- Process subcontractor requests for payment in accordance with their sub-contract terms.
- Completing a monthly cost / valuation report and cash flow for the designation projects
- Where appropriate, assist with estimates and negotiations for future projects or phases
- Attend project and company related meetings
- Ensure the company is neither compromised nor disadvantaged by any contractual or financial arrangement
- Manage the costs on a project to ensure both the company and the client is fully advised of the cost situation and commercial risk.
- To communicate with all staff, clients, consultants and residents in a professional manner
- Assist in ensuring company with Health & Safety
- Any other reasonable management request
- Ensure timely cash flow management for the Client and the group collecting all contract cash on time.
- Assisting the development and training of trainee and assistant surveyors
- Maintaining and developing professional relationships with the Client and Consultants to help future business development
- Ensure that proper and composite records are maintained on all relevant matters including areas of risk.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- HND / HNC Level in a relevant construction acknowledged course
- Experience within a senior surveying position reporting to either a commercial manager or director, with a proven?
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good level of numeracy
- Good influencing skills
- Experience within a senior surveying position working closely with key members from the client (building and maintaining relationships)
- BSc in a recognized construction degree
- IT Skills - Ms Office, Excel, Project, Word, etc
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£65 - £100 Daily
£65 - £75 Daily
£45k - £48k Annual
£9.28 - £9.3 Hourly