(Senior) Risk Officer - Capital Requirements - Data and Systems Analysis
The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Risk Management Directorate (RM) - Regulation and EIB Group Risk Department - Capital Management Division - Capital Requirements Unit, at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Risk Officer - Capital Requirements, Data and Systems Analysis. This is a full time position at grade 5/6.
The term of this contract will be 4 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for late May/early June 2020
Drive business analysis, data extraction and configuration for capital credit risk applications, and assist users of these applications, in order to ensure appropriate calculation of capital requirements, coherence of output data and compliance with best banking practices.
Working in a team responsible for the implementation of economic and regulatory capital requirement calculations, risk pricing methodologies and (credit risk) portfolio modelling, you will report to the Head of the Capital Requirements Unit and cooperate closely with colleagues across the Risk Management Directorate and in other Directorates, particularly IT, Financial Control, Front Office Lending and the Finance/Funding Directorate. In order to guarantee a robust delivery at EIB Group level, the role also requires your good interaction with colleagues from the European Investment Fund (EIF).
• Take responsibility for data analysis, and data reconciliations between economic and regulatory capital applications used by the Unit and other applications. Design and maintain data reports
• Lead data management projects across the Unit ensuring consistency, and enhance automation, data extraction and data quality controls of internal processes
• Be responsible for managing system technical releases including specifications design, development, UAT and production phases
• Work in close cooperation with colleagues within the Unit to follow the latest methodology changes (e.g. due to new regulatory requirements, internal methodologies) and assess the data needs, impacts and required configuration changes
• Prepare and maintain documentation related to data extraction and system configuration under your responsibilities
• Interact with Validation and Internal Audit departments, following up on recommendations related to data architecture of the models
• Contribute to monitoring of the models of the unit: design, implementation and maintenance of capital models monitoring framework
• Participate, and provide support to colleagues within, the Unit to develop risk models in a programming language. Provide your technical expertise and knowledge of best practices for designing and maintaining these models.
• University degree, preferably in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or Computer Science
• Solid experience in risk management and data and systems analysis, including for credit risk capital requirements, of which at least 5 years in a role comparable to the vacancy
• Experience with implementation and maintenance of Basel III/CRR models or economic capital models
• Knowledge of BCBS 239 and data architecture projects in general would be an advantage
• Experience with usage or configuration of Moody's Risk Authority and/or Credit Manager would be preferred
• Familiarity with COREP reports, Large Exposures framework and/or Stress Testing would be considered an asset
• Demonstrated independence when dealing with tasks, and the capacity to plan, organise and prioritise work in a heavy workload environment
• Excellent Excel & SQL skills. Experience in usage of Python, R, Matlab, SAS or other programming languages would be an advantage
• Excellent knowledge of English, with a good command of French (*).
• Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
• Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
• Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
• Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation's needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation's mission, policies and rules.
You can do so by using the "Apply" button!
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank's working languages
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (**).
The level of functions in the job vacancy is only indicative and will be adjusted accordingly taking into account, among other things, the business need, as well as the selected candidate's experience and expertise
(**) We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.
Deadline for applications: 9th May 2020