Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by ASARCO LLC
Current # Open: 4
Employee Type: Hourly
The Lineman is responsible for installing and maintaining cables and wires used to supply electrical throughout the Ray mine.
- Attends morning meeting to obtain line-up and job assignment.
- Completes pre-op inspection and operates pick-up truck to designated work area.
- Conducts tailgate meeting to discuss work goals and any safety hazards.
- Digs holes using backhoe loader and hoists electrical poles upright into holes.
- Operates bucket truck to prepare the pole to install wire and pulls wire through by hand or with the use of a winch.
- Replaces and straightens poles and attaches crossarms, insulators, and auxiliary equipment.
- Repairs defective power cables and auxiliary equipment for power lines.
- Measures voltage using electronic test equipment.
- Monitors shovel box ground voltage.
- Completes ground sheet report upon completion of work assignment.
- Climbs up and down poles with climbing gear.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to health and safety.
- Must demonstrate the highest commitment to environmental compliance.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Must be skilled in resolving day-to-day questions and/or problems regarding equipment, materials, methods and procedures needed to complete projects.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and troubleshoot problems.
- Must possess a practical knowledge of MSHA standards and enforcement.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years experience as a lineman
- MSHA certification a plus
A core value of ASARCO LLC is "Safety First." The Company is committed to help employees continuously improve their efforts to work in the safest, inclusive, socially and environmentally responsible manner practicable. Employee safety and health, both on and off the job, are critically important to the Company. Therefore, ASARCO LLC requires employees to have and effectively demonstrate good working knowledge of modern safety systems. Each employee will take prime responsibility for ensuring that they work within all required safety procedures and processes.
ASARCO LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must possess a current and valid driver's license. Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful criminal background check and pre-employment physical including a drug screen.
ASARCO LLC offers an excellent low-cost benefits package for medical, prescription, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance and other optional coverage and 401(k) plan with company match.