RN Coordinator - Bed Management
Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by Ascension, C03
We Are Hiring
RN Coord-Bed Mgmt - Case Management 002 - Part-Time,Day - 24 hours weekly - Ascension Borgess Hospital - Kalamazoo,MI
9 am - 9:30 pm.
Every 3rd weekend and holiday.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to coordinate a centralized bed management system to facilitate efficient admissions and transfers, optimize occupancy, and avoid delays in service.
- Communicates with clinical staff to determine status of pending discharges, transfers and bed availability and plans bed assignments accordingly.
- Reviews all admissions and transfers for clinical/unit appropriateness and medical necessity. Takes appropriate action in the event criteria are not met or appropriate resources are not available.
- Provides direction and support for admissions to ensure efficient patient access and flow.
- Analyzes bed management data, identifies issues and potential resolutions and prepares reports for executive review.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed by the State of Michigan obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Applied Science in Nursing (AAS) Degree or Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN or RN Diploma at start date BSN required within six (6) years of start dateIncumbents hired into position prior to 1/1/2015 are grandfathered with their existing educational degrees
- Two (2) Years of clinical nursing experience required. Five (5) or more years of clinical nursing experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.