Registered Nurse RN Premium Pay Temporary
Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by Ascension, C81
We Are Hiring
Experience what it is like to be a travel nurse with Ascension Borgess. Earn premium pay while working short-term assignments in Kalamazoo, MI!
Temporary assignments with full time hours are available for the Behavioral Health Unit.
Temporary- Full Time schedule for duration of assignment.
Must be able to work both 8 and 12 hour shifts as needed:
(5) 8--hour shifts: 0, 1500 - 2330, and 2
(3) 12-hour shifts: 0 and 1
Weekends required per unit rotation.
Assignment Length: 8 to 13 weeks with option to renew
Why Join Ascension?
Choose your own adventure! Ascension is transforming the world of nursing and travel nursing by offering temporary assignments throughout our national health system, allowing you the opportunity to be a travel nurse without being an outsider. Options to renew assignments or convert to a permanent associate are widely available. Enjoy the flexibility, convenience, and adventure of traveling with Ascension.
Love your location
Finding a nursing job you love can be hard. Finding a city you love can be even harder. That's why we want to invite you to join us in a place you can have both. Kalamazoo is a city in southern Michigan. It is the home to affordable housing, award winning water and water reclamation systems, and many parks, lakes, and golf courses. A wide variety of industries and businesses call Kalamazoo home, including major players in the pharmaceutical, medical science, and craft beer industries. The City also offers an assortment of cultural attractions that you might only expect to find in larger metropolitan areas including music, visual art, dance, and theatre. The Kalamazoo Valley Museum offers science, technology and history exhibits, plus a planetarium. American and European art form the core collection of the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts. To the south, the Air Zoo museum features vintage aircraft, flight simulators and rides. The multi-use Kalamazoo River Valley Trail runs through the city, linking parks and nearby communities.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
- BSN highly preferred.
- 3 plus years of psychiatric experience highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Borgess Health is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the nondiscrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, disability, veteran or marital status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.