Principal Consultant - RWE/RWD
Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by Real Staffing Group
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer of a fast growing Real World Evidence Research business the Principal Consultant is the primary reference point for clinical insight within the company.
We are ideally looking for a Real World Evidence candidate who has a clinical background and a good knowledge of research, trial design and research utilising real-world data for client-facing and commercial purposes.
As a Principal Consultant for our Real World Evidence client a background and strong interest in Health Economics and Outcomes Research is desirable, you will be supporting a team of RWE Solution Specialists to identify and pitch RWE studies, using retrospective database analysis and existing customer relationships whilst being a clinical lead for any clinical questions around the studies and projects.
- Generation of Clinical RWE Insights: providing in-depth clinical research around pharmaceutical products to support the design of suitable research project ideas to market and pitch to potential clients.
- Support RWE Solution Specialists with specific pitches and project initiation, supporting the design and scoping of the study and interacting with the client on any detailed clinical questions.
- Research Design: provide clinical input to support the optimal design of research projects, working with in-house epidemiologists.
- Comprehensive understanding of the datasets and their access processes to support the interrogation of clinical data and client questions on the clinical integrity or appropriateness of datasets in answering research questions.
- Account Planning: supporting the team with regular account planning meetings, provide feedback on plans and suggestions of new ideas based on own clinical research.
- Domain and Industry Knowledge: keeping up to date with the latest developments in the industry in order to ensure industry position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Real World Evidence (RWE) sector, in order to best support the sales team
- Support the reviewing of research study proposals and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to help strengthen and improve positioning to clients.
- Support alignment of original study design and objectives with delivery of final study.
- Clinical experience, working in a clinical role, with relevant qualifications (eg Doctor or Pharmacist etc.)
- Proven track record in working in health economics or real world data either within a pharmaceutical company, agency or consultancy supplying the market.
- Knowledge of Real World Evidence (RWE) data such as HES, PHE or CPRD or Real Word Data.
- Some exposure to healthcare research would be desirable along with advising on trial design and project scoping.
- Epidemiological/Statistical or Scientific qualifications are a bonus but not essential.
- Publication of credible real-world data studies is desirable but not a deal breaker
- Proven track record in a commercial client engagement or supporting commercial activities such as bid management, pre-sales support/consultancy and client management.
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales