Outpatient Primary Care Physician - Brownsville, TX
Posted on Apr 23, 2020 by UnitedHealth Group
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Primary Care Physician (PCP) will provide primary medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The PCP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The PCP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patients according to current standards of care
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost-effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers, including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers, and other ancillary services
- Completes timely and comprehensive medical documentation in EMR systems according to company standards
- Participates with peers, employed specialists, such as dermatology, podiatry, and wound care for the comprehensive care of the WellMed patient
- Conducts or directs education effective communications to patients, families, and other health care providers
- Conducts educational activities for organization's physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and their ancillary staff for the purposes of education and patient care
- Participates in business and patient care meetings
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Texas Medical License
- Valid DEA
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Geriatric, Primary, care, physician, PCP, doctor, MD, DEA, osteopathy, Texas, TX