Electrical Maintenance Technician
Posted on May 20, 2020 by Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc.
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
Performs a variety of electrical maintenance work in machine wiring and control panel building. Will work closely with other technicians and engineering disciplines while building, wiring & troubleshooting of new & used equipment and processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conceive, design, build, and integrate machine controls for extruders, corrugators, extrusion die controls, motor controls, and downstream equipment.
- Contact, specify, and order all control components from suppliers.
- Assist Engineering Electrical with drawings and code issues.
- Design necessary mechanical mountings and guarding for control integration.
- Work on a daily basis with manufacturing plant personnel to troubleshoot operating and safety issues with production machinery.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- UL508A,NEC, and NFPA 79 codes.
- An understanding of the function of all ADS production machinery.
- Proficient in AutoCad.
- Proficient in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Proficient in MicroSoft Excel and Word
- Expert control runoff and machine set-up
- Machine mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical integration.
- College level electrical, hydraulics, and pneumatics or equivalent in work experience.
- Basic PLC and Drive training
- 10-15 years electrical systems and controls
- The employee will lift and move heavy items, which will require the ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds to a height of 6 feet
- The employee will be working specified shifts and moving around at all times, which will require the ability to stand and be mobile for a minimum of 8 continuous hours
- Employee will be required to operate and supervise employees operating machinery and must possess a valid driver's license.
- Facilities can be extremely hot or cold at times, so the employee must have the ability to perform physical labor for extended periods of time in temperature extremes
- The employee will be handling materials daily, which requires the ability to use hands, arms and legs to physically handle and transport finished goods
- The Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis including twisting, bending, reaching, squatting and ability to mount/dismount industrial equipment and vehicles.