Director-Direct Response Marketing
Posted on Jun 1, 2020 by Golden 1 Credit Union
The Director of Direct Response Marketing plays a pivotal role in the leadership and expansion of Golden 1s digital, electronic and traditional direct response marketing programs to drive lead generation for the Credit Unions core products and to build brand awareness and consideration in key markets. Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this position collaborates with cross functional teams including but not limited to product development, lending, retail, IT, and external vendors.
A successful Director of Direct Response possesses the technical abilities to develop, execute, analyze, track and optimize our integrated direct response marketing campaigns as well as promote innovative ideas and solutions across the organization. The objective of this position is to optimize marketing investment(s) to grow membership throughout California, deepen existing member relationships, differentiate the value proposition our products and services as well as to reduce cost per acquisition through testing and learning. This position will also contribute to the development of golden1.com.
TASKS, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS:
1. Lead internal (eg IT, Product Development, Lending, etc.) and external teams to develop and execute targeted multi-channel acquisition, retention, product line-specific and/or loyalty campaigns/offers that align with our vision, mission and strategic focus areas.
2. Create the optimal user experience in the online channel using end-to-end customer mapping from initial ad view to successful conversion (working with the Vice President of Digital Channel Delivery).
3. Plan and execute online, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
4. Utilize strong analytical skills to identify and monitor trends, insights and media consumption habits; create and adjust investment allocations by channel accordingly.
5. Expand and manage the day-to-day operation of our social media presence, including managing multi-media campaigns to building brand awareness and engagement, and reward brand ambassadors.
6. Manage and foster collaboration among the creative and ad placement agencies to ensure the credit union is receiving maximum value for the allocated investments.
7. Generate and disseminate management reports and recommendations which include KPIs, results, and trends.
8. Maintain a thorough understanding of state and federal laws and regulations related to credit union compliance including bank secrecy and anti-money laundering laws appropriate to the position.
9. Foster a positive and engaging work environment for each team member by promoting skill development, coaching for improvement and growth, inspiring others through words and actions, ensuring positive employee morale throughout Golden 1, and embracing our mission, vision and core values.
PHYSICAL SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EXERTION UTILIZED IN THE PERFORMANCE OF THESE TASKS:
1. Effective oral and written communication skills required to lead the Digital Marketing department.
2. Must possess sufficient manual dexterity to skillfully operate an on-line computer terminal and other standard office equipment, such as financial calculators, personal computer, facsimile machine and telephone.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTACTS & RELATIONSHIPS:
INTERNAL: Branch, Back Office personnel, management and senior management.
EXTERNAL: Vendors, print/broadcast media, sales people, community organizations, media search providers, members and prospective members.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree in marketing or related field highly preferred. MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years of digital marketing experience. Three years or more management and/or supervisory experience.
Extensive knowledge of digital marketing across various online media as well as print direct mail campaigns.
Solid working knowledge of SEO/SEM, social media, email/print and other direct response campaigns using marketing databases.
Knowledge of website analytics tools (eg Google Analytics, NetInsight, Comscore, etc.) and Google AdWords Campaigns.
Strong analytical skills and data-driven strategic thinking.
Knowledge of latest trends and best practices in online marketing as well as laws, rules, regulations and procedures impacting Credit Union advertising and marketing activities.
Demonstrated financial marketing performance with knowledge of social media, online communications, traditional media-based marketing, public relations, research, and product management.
Some knowledge of financial services industry.
Self-motivated with effective oral and written communication skills required to interact with both internal and external stakeholders.
Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to apply sound judgment while rendering decisions in a time-sensitive, production-driven environment is required.
Strong leadership, management and supervisory skills to effectively manage marketing operations.
The ability to work independently, meet short deadlines and give art and copy direction.
Operates under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
Strong Computer and analytical skills.
1. Prolonged sitting throughout the workday with occasional mobility required.
2. Corrected vision within the normal range.
3. Hearing within normal range. A device to enhance hearing will be provided if needed.
4. Occasional movements throughout the department daily to interact with staff, accomplish tasks, etc.
5. Moderate regional/local travel required to attend conferences and visit agencies.
6. Occasionally long work hours may be required to accomplish tasks.