Director, Marketing Strategy
Posted on Jun 1, 2020 by Masco Corporation
Drive significant strategy development and operational improvement efforts across Behr Paint Co., MSS and BUs. Sample projects may include optimization of existing categories, evaluation of adjacency opportunities, and full potential assessments for channels and business lines.
Develop strategies and frameworks to support Behr Paint Company business efforts, in part through partnership with various teams across and channel partners (eg, The Home Depot)
Conduct and/or lead data, financial and operational analyses (eg, Financial Organizationeling, market research, competitor research eg, Sherwin-Williams)
Partner with Customer Insights organization and Competitive Intelligence organization to frame research needed for strategic analyses as well as how to leverage existing analyses for maximum impact
Develop compelling presentations and storytelling to present insights and strategies
Present and defend analyses to senior management
Assist the SVP, Strategy & Insights in projects across Behr, Kilz, etc. as needed
The ideal candidate will have four to six years experience working within a strategic consulting firm with demonstrated history of strong performance and promotions. MBA strongly preferred.
Specifically, there are 7 attributes that Behr Paint Company aspires to find in a right-fit strategy team candidate
1. Relevant Experience Four to six years in a consulting firm, combined with significant supervisory or managerial experience.
Demonstrated skills to organize, direct and lead special projects with medium to large sized cross-functional teams.
Ability to analyze the needs of the organization on a short-term and long-term basis.
Strong, proven ability to get stuff done across multiple constituents within an organization.
Track record of implementation of key strategic initiatives within his/her organization.
CPG experience, preferably in home improvement or mass retail
2. Structured and logical thinking the ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analyses.
3. Analytical rigor the ability to run highly complicated quantitative and financial analysis in a defect-free manner and to interpret the results and business implications. Comfort with regression analysis and machine learning is highly relevant.
4. Team leadership Highly developed relationship-building skills to foster effective working relations across the Strategy, Insights, Pro Channel groups as well as cross-functional peer relationships across BEHR Paint Company.
5. Creative thinking a combination of out of the box thinking and the ability to question status quo and generally accepted beliefs. Then the ability to apply a strong hypothesis driven approach to validate and/or disprove the thinking
6. Powerful communication the ability to communicate persuasively, both verbally and on paper.
7. Emotional intelligence The candidate must possess strong interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence to interact with CompanyC team members at all levels. The successful candidate will also
Be Organizationest in nature, recognizing the accomplishments of the team before the individual
Be highly organized, and possess exceptional planning and time management skills
Be professional in appearance
Communicate in an open and honest way that quickly builds trust and respect
Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be a high-energy professional
Be comfortable on his/her feet making presentations to senior executives
Considerable knowledge of business strategy principles, frameworks, and methodologies
Considerable knowledge of marketing principles, product development and promotional practices
Considerable financial and operational Organizationeling capabilities
Ability to lead teams and collaborate cross-functionally
Knowledge of MS Office Suites and/or software applications related to function (particularly MS PPT, MS Excel, MS Word)
Ability to independently scope work using a hypothesis driven approach and validate with leadership
Ability to independently plan, organize and complete projects as assigned
Ability to delegate tasks and check work in progress and upon completion
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to inspect products and work results for adherence to quality standards
Hardware/home improvement industry experience a plus.
Bachelor's degree required; MBA with relevant emphasis strongly preferred
Occasional travel out of state to attend internal or customer meetings, functions, seminars, etc